American Accent Training for IT Professionals
What you'll learn
- Pronounce 150 IT industry words clearly & correctly using the correct syllable stress.
- Speak with an engaging & friendly pace
- Pronounce numbers clearly & correctly
- Apply fundamental syllable stress and pronunciation rules to hundreds of related words
- Use techniques used by great speakers including Steve Jobs and Vic Gundotra to communicate with influence
- Students should have a STRONG command of English reading and writing.
- Students should work for or with companies in North America.
- This course focuses on how using the correct syllable stress and intonation will enable you to speak clearly.
What you will learn in your American Accent for IT Professionals course
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to communicate clearly in American English.
- enterprise architects
The course vocabulary is customized for the IT workplace.
In the course I've recorded the lessons that have worked most effectively with the IT professionals I've worked with in my coaching program.
- You'll learn to pronounce 120+ IT vocabulary words clearly & correctly
- You'll learn to pronounce IT industry sentences with a clear & engaging pace
- You'll learn rules & patterns for speech that's easy for Americans to understand
Since you'll be learning to say words and sentences that are relevant to the IT industry including:
This means that you'll be able to practice and apply the rules you'll learn in this course right away.
Lessons are delivered using video, PDF and audio files. I'm continually making updates to the course. I'll notify you when new lessons are posted.
Video case studies
The video case studies that you'll use in this course are powerful way for you to learn exactly how IT industry leaders including:
- Steve Jobs
- Vic Gundotra
Video case studies are downloadable lessons.
Accent change takes time and LOTS of repetition. I recommend that you take each lesson at least three times. MORE is even better!
However, you must practice the words in each lesson more than once in order to internalize the rules and patterns for speaking clear American English.
You will not "lose your accent" by taking this course.
These are the very same lessons that I use with my private clients, so I know they work.
If you're an IT professional who wants to learn the FUNDAMENTAL RULES for clear American English communication, I know that you'll be really excited by content in this course.
Let's get started!
Who this course is for:
- Non native speakers of American English who work as programmers, developers and IT consultants
- Students should have a STRONG command of written English.
Since 2007 I've had the opportunity to coach hundreds of international professionals who contacted me to improve the way they speak American English.
In my Udemy classes I teach you the American accent skills that I've taught my coaching clients.
These skills include:
How to pronounce longer words clearly using syllable stress and schwa
How to use and integrate the American T sounds
How to speak with friendly intonation
How to pronounce word final sounds for grammatically correct speech
The American accent skills you'll learn in my Udemy classes will help you:
Prepare for job interviews and meetings
Conduct business on phone and conference calls
Speak with American customers
If you've realized that your American English is not at the level you want... AND you're serious about making noticeable changes, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It would be a pleasure to serve you!