American ِAccent and General Pronunciation
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 18 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learning the IPA (International Phonetic Alphabets) so that you can read any word easily even if you don't know it.
- You will be able to speak and listen to English as native speakers.
- American Accent exercises with answers to test your understanding.
- 3 types of American intonations - how native speakers speak English?
- Some shortcuts in English conversations -Wow you speak very fast!
- American R sound /r/ as in Far and Water
- Ah /ɑ:/ sound as in Car
- Ay sound /eɪ/ in American accent as in Play
- Aaa sound /æ/ as in Cat - Full American accent course
- Uh sound /ʌ/ as in Cut - Full American accent course
- C sounds like K ,S ,Q(KU) as in Cat,cinema , cute
- D sound as in Dog
- Lone E sound /i:/ as in Feel - American accent
- Short e sound /e/ as in tent -American accent
- Long U sound /u/ as in Blue,too - American accent
- Long O sound /oʊ/ as in hope -American accent
- Very short O sound /ʊ/ as in put,foot.
- aw sound /ɔ:/ as in Storm,for - American accent
- OW sound /aʊ/ as in Cow - American accent.
- OI sound /ɔɪ/ as in Boy
- The difference in pronunciation of P (pen) and B (Bear)
- The difference between /v/ Van , th/θ/ think sounds
- The difference between /θ/ 'th' in think and /s/ in sink
- T sound /t/ as in Tool
- T rules as r (fast d) sound as in water
- T rules -flap t /d/ as in Little
- Sh /ʃ/ sound as in Shirt,Tension, and Ch /tʃ/ sound as in Church
- Hard /g/ sound as in Good
- Gged sound as in Tugged
- Soft G /dʒ/ sound as in Gym,gem
- Ed-endings . Replace “ed” with “T” sound as in Worked
- “H” is silent or not hour or hat
- Light L :Lend and Dark L : Call
- N sounds /n/ as in Noon, / ŋ/ as in Going
- Silent N
- X pronounce as KS ,GZ,KSH, or what?
- S endings - s pronounced as S or Z ?
- S is pronounced as "IZ" like Churches
- Silent S after "th" like Months
- When 'e' is silent in English?
- ٍٍSilent t as in Internet
- j sound /dʒ/in Dream
- Ch sound /tʃ/ as in True ,control
- Omit(leave out ) T in these words
- Silent K
- ِAll rules of silent letters in American accent pronunciation
- Phonetics chart with words
- All Linking sounds rules of American accent pronunciation
- American intonation( rise,fall, rise and fall)
- /ʒ/ sound as in casual.
- SCHWA Vowel /ə/ as in America
- American Phonetics
- Bonus videos
- A headset
- A paper and a pen to write down the phonetic symbols.
American ِAccent and General Pronunciation course will help you to learn: American phonetics,linking sounds,accent reduction, and how to speak English like a native speaker.With practice exercises in the course,your accent will be improved quickly.You will be learning types of intonation which will help you to speak English confidently and clearly so that anyone would understand your English.In section two of the course,you will be learning the following: American accent vowel sounds,American accent consonants sounds,American accent phonetics chart and lots more.Enjoy being with us in this course.Ask questions any time.I'm glad to support you at all times.
- Anyone who wants to learn or improve their American accent and general English pronunciation.
My name is Zaki .I am an online English instructor .
I am a native-like English speaker with a pure American accent.
I have been teaching English since 2011.
English teaching certificates that I got :
*TESOL Certificate, Arizona State University,USA, December 2018.
This is an important note you need to know before starting taking this course.It will help you to understand how you're going to study this course.Also there are lots of exercises with answers to help you understand the sound of American accent.PDF files have been added so that you could study the course whenever and wherever you are.
*** How to study this course?
The colored letters usually represent the sound. Wherever they exist in any word, the sound exists within them. For example ar make AH sound in all words like Farm, Far,... Some rules can be applied differently like ea can be long E (Fear) or ay(Great)
Some words don’t have a rule of pronunciation, in this case, you need to memorize their sound.
-Bonus- In this class,you will know how many letters and sounds English has. And,we're going to sing the alphabets song.
In this class,you'll learn what the 'ah' sound is , in words like Father ,call ,..
In this class,you're going to learn about /ɪ/ sound as in kid,bit. It is not a general rule what I am going to say but it would definitely help you recognize that sound. When you see 'it' or 'id' at the end of any word ,you would find that sound /ɪ/ except if there is a vowel before 'it' or 'id' such as paranoid
In this class,you will learn an overview of all letters which are silent in English.
In this class,you will learn all about American intonation and its types.If you have an American accent, and don't have an American intonation , then you don't speak English correctly.
In this practice 1 lesson,you're going to review what you are taking in this course.
This is a video lesson,you're going how to distinguish between 'S' sound as in sink and 'Th' sound as in think.
In this video lesson,you're going to learn when to say two different sounds of the as in the book, the apple
In this video lesson,you're going to learn how to pronounce 'th' as in the world.
In this video lesson, you're going to learn how to link consonants to vowels and speak quickly without mistakes.