Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2: An Introduction
- Familiar with the concept of AWS and have an AWS account. A computer with internet connection.
Overall Course Objective:
Gain a fair introductory level understanding on AWS EC2.
Pre-requisite: A learner needs to have good understanding on Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Computer Networks and IP Addressing. It is also assumed that a learner has an idea on what is Amazon Web Services (AWS), as this course does NOT provide an overview or introduction to AWS. It is also assumed that a learner knows how to create an AWS account and have an active AWS account. A computer with an Internet connection is required.
1. Understand what is AWS EC2.
2. Learn how to deploy virtual network and virtual server on a cloud platform.
3. Learn how to monitor performance of virtual servers.
4. Learn how to install web-server on virtual cloud server.
5. Learn how to allocate IP addresses to virtual cloud servers.
- Introduction to AWS EC2.
- Creating key-pair.
- Launch a virtual server.
- Monitor virtual servers.
- Deploying virtual servers in different geographic location.
- Install webserver on virtual server.
- Allocate IP addresses to virtual servers.
- Demonstration on how to launch a WordPress website quickly with few clicks.
What a Student will learn?
This is a basic course to understand the concepts AWS EC2 in general. This course aims to equip a learner with skills on EC2 to such an extent, so that a learner can master on EC2 through Self-Directed Learning once they successfully complete this course. This course shows how to build virtual cloud infrastructure on AWS. This is a basic and beginner level course on EC2.
Who this course is for:
- Someone who has conceptual understanding on Cloud Computing and want to learn how Cloud services work in real life.
- 08:55Create Key-Pair
- 3 questionsCreate Key Pair
- 11:24Launch A Virtual Server
- 4 questionsLaunch a Virtual Server
- 09:45Monitoring a Virtual Server
- 3 questionsMonitoring a Virtual Server
- 04:22Launch VM in a New Location
- 3 questionsLaunch VM in a New Location
- 15:36Install a Webserver on Virtual Server
- 3 questionsInstall a Webserver on Virtual Server
- 09:22Allocate IP Address to a Virtual Server
- 3 questionsAllocate IP Address to a Virtual Server
- 13:44Launch a WordPress Website
- 10:27Allocate Multiple IP Addresses to a Virtual Server
- 3 questionsAllocate Multiple IP Addresses to a Virtual Server
Monjur is an educator. He is a Lecturer with about 10 years of teaching experience. He has taught at Universities and other tertiary education institutes in New Zealand, UK, China and Bangladesh. His PhD research was on Cloud Computing security. At postgraduate level, Monjur studied Communications Engineering and Telecommunications. His major at undergraduate level was Computing & Information Systems.
Monjur's area of expertise are Business Systems Analysis, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Computer and Information Security, Database Design and Development, and IT Project Management.
Monjur's approach to teaching is to keep it simple and straightforward. Using real life simple examples in teaching, he aims to establish the fact that nothing is complex; one super-complex entity is just an amalgamation of some super-simple things.