Amazon Web Services (AWS): CloudFormation
- A learner knows how to create AWS account and already familiar with at least AWS EC2.
Overall Course Objective:
Gain a fair introductory level understanding on AWS CloudFormation.
Pre-requisite: A learner needs to have good understanding on Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Computer Networks, IP Addressing and AWS EC2. It is also assumed that a learner has an idea on what is Amazon Web Services (AWS), as this course does NOT provide an overview or introduction to AWS. It is also assumed that a learner knows how to create an AWS account and have an active AWS account. A computer with an Internet connection is required.
1. Understand what is AWS CloudFormation.
2. Understand CloudFormation stack.
3. Learn how to automate tasks using CloudFormation.
4. Learn the anatomy of a CloudFormation template.
5. Learn how to work with CloudFormation designer.
- Introduction to AWS CloudFormation.
- CloudFormation stack.
- Create a WordPress blog website using CloudFormation stack.
- Anatomy of a CloudFormation template.
- CloudFormation Designer.
What a Student will learn?
This is a basic course to understand the concepts AWS CloudFormation in general. This course aims to equip a learner with skills on CloudFormation to such an extent, so that a learner can master on CloudFormation through Self-Directed Learning once they successfully complete this course. This is a basic and beginner level course on CloudFormation.
- Someone who has started learning AWS and wants to gain an introductory level understadning on CloudFormation.
- Course Overview03:19
- CloudFormation: Introduction08:43
- CloudFormation: Introduction3 questions
- CloudFormation Stack04:47
- CloudFormation Stack3 questions
- Creating WordPress Blog Site using Stack22:51
- Anatomy of a CloudFormation Template15:13
- CloudFormation Template3 questions
- CloudFormation Designer: Part-119:07
- CloudFormation Designer: Part-209:00
- CloudFormation Designer3 questions
Monjur is an educator. He is a Lecturer with about 10 years of teaching experience. He has taught at Universities and other tertiary education institutes in New Zealand, UK, China and Bangladesh. His PhD research was on Cloud Computing security. At postgraduate level, Monjur studied Communications Engineering and Telecommunications. His major at undergraduate level was Computing & Information Systems.
Monjur's area of expertise are Business Systems Analysis, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Computer and Information Security, Database Design and Development, and IT Project Management.
Monjur's approach to teaching is to keep it simple and straightforward. Using real life simple examples in teaching, he aims to establish the fact that nothing is complex; one super-complex entity is just an amalgamation of some super-simple things.