Amazon Kindle eBook and Book Self-publishing for Beginners
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll be able to self-publishing your manuscript on Amazon Kindle and paperback for free
- You'll be able to create a free professional looking book cover using Canva
- You'll be able to market your book to get readers
- You'll require a finished book manuscript that has been copy edited
- You'll require a copy of Microsoft Word 2010 or later to format your manuscript
- You'll require a web browser to create a Canva book cover and publish via KDP
How would you like to be a published author by the end of the day... for free?
Welcome to the only Udemy complete self-publishing guide that shows you how to do it all yourself for free. Nothing is left out of this video guide that covers everything from creating a book cover to marketing your published book.
My name is Brian Jackson and during the last 8 years I've created hundreds of book covers and published well over 100 books. In this course I'll explain the entire process to you allowing you to quickly become a published author given nothing more than a finished manuscript.
This course covers:
Fast and easy, create a free professional quality book cover using the Canva online graphic design tool and free images from Pixabay. All you need is a web browser to have a finished book cover in under 10 minutes. The process I demonstrate utilizes free Canva Kindle book cover themes to quickly create professional quality book covers including free images from Pixabay.
Format Your Manuscript
Quickly format your manuscript for Amazon publication using Microsoft Word 2010 or beyond (Word 2016 running on Windows 10 is demonstrated). Learn both traditional style and use the free Kindle Create Word plugin to format your manuscript. Following my detailed instructions guarantees a polished finished product. The process I demonstrate ultimately augments the use of the free Kindle Create Microsoft Word plugin with traditional formatting techniques to produce very clean manuscripts that are a pleasure to read.
Self-publish on Amazon
Self-publish your book in minutes on Amazon in Kindle and Print on Demand (POD) paperback formats using the free Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) web-based interface. Note that you can publish paperbacks via KDP or use the traditional method of switching to CreateSpace. Once complete, you're a published author, but that doesn't mean that your done...
Market Your Book
Take the first steps toward marketing your book for free to become an Amazon bestseller. Make money and friends as you gain readership.
And the whole process is free because you do it yourself. Given a finished manuscript, a copy of Microsoft Word 2010 or later and a web browser you can become a published author by the end of the day.
In fact, I'm embarrassed to have to admit that purchasing this course could be your greatest expense... though I assure you it's well worth any reasonable cost considering the money and time you'll save to become a published author today!
Mac users should be aware that the Kindle Create method is currently only available on Windows. However, the traditional method is my preferred method anyway ;-).
Don't forget the Udemy 30-day no questions asked money back guarantee. If you're not happy with the course, just return it. So, there's no risk involved. That should make your choice a no-brainer.
I'll see you in the classroom,
- Anyone with a finished manuscript wanting to self-publish their book for free
- Anyone needing to create a free professional looking book cover
- Anyone wanting to market their published book using proven techniques
I introduce the course in rather an unusual way -- by asking the student to watch the course twice:
1) Watch fast (1.5 - 2.0 time speed) while making bookmarks.
2) Watch again slower (1.0 - 1.5 times speed) and pause while following along.
By the end of watching this course the second time you should be a published author.
Of course, this lecture explains how to set watch speeds and use bookmarks.
In this lecture I provide an overview of the self-publishing process which mirrors the course outline. After providing details on the four self-publishing steps of creating a books cover, formatting your manuscript, publishing your manuscript and marketing your book I conclude with a discussion of SmashWords and why it's not invited to the party.
The requirements for this course are simple:
1) Any web browser running on any computer.
2) Microsoft Word 2010 or greater.
3) A finished manuscript.
Note that a finished manuscript has been copy edited.
In this course addendum I correct and clarify directions provided in the following videos regarding Canva book cover creation. There are two:
1) Click the "Create a design" button near the upper left of the screen and search for the "Book Cover" design by scrolling down in the design list rather than selecting "Kindle Cover" which appears for no one but me.
2) When exporting images, click the Download button then change the default download format from PDF to either JPG or PNG by clicking on the down arrow to the right of the selector.
Please report any problems or confusion as you encounter them so that I can produce the best course possible.