Understand the Mind: 15 Fascinating Psychology Studies
What you'll learn
- Use psychological research to reach your personal goals and desires
- Apply psychology to engineer more effective group interactions
- Consider ways of using real psychological science to solve the big problems of our day
- Gain insight into simple changes that make big differences in learning, liking, judgment, and perception.
- An openness to surprising results from psychological research.
- A motivation to understand the bigger picture by applying individual research findings to a variety of possibilities.
- You don't have to know anything about psychology already, and even if you do, these studies are not necessarily mainstream and the findings and level of detail are likely to be new to you.
**UPDATE: I just added 3 NEW BONUS VIDEOS to expand on and discuss some of the core experiments.
If you've ever wanted a quick and easy way to know more about people and psychology, this is the course for you! More than 11,000 people have enrolled in my online psychology courses to learn more about the human mind and social behavior. You can be one of them!
Although you could read dense textbooks on psychological research, this simple and engaging course will give you quick access to some of the most interesting and unique studies in psychology.
When you finish this course, you'll have a new appreciation for human behavior, persuasion, and influence, and you'll quickly be able to impress your friends and family with your surprising knowledge of human psychology. Not only that, but you'll know exactly what science behind those findings was!
The studies in this course reveal…
- how we can persuade someone to do what we want without even providing good persuasive reasons
- why people started to walk more slowly after solving a few word puzzles
- why men were more attracted to a woman when they stood on a terrifying bridge
- why praising some kids for their intelligence vs. their hard work dramatically changed their test scores
- why people who held a hot cup of coffee instead of an iced coffee automatically started thinking a stranger was especially generous and caring
- …and much more!
Carefully designed experiments tell us a great deal about the choices we make, the ways we behave, and why we think the way we do. Throughout this course, you'll learn about a bunch of these experiments and see exactly what they say about yourself and the people you meet every day.
I'm a social psychologist myself, and I thought about which studies most interested me early in my education and which studies are my current favorites. I even reached out to my colleagues to ask them what studies have most inspired them and are important for everyone to know about.
This could be the beginning of your new-found interest in psychology. After taking my classes, many of my students have begun pursuing psychology themselves! But even if you just want an easy introduction to psychology, you'll want to check out these fascinating studies now.
So enroll in this fun introductory course and start seeing how simple research in psychology tells us amazing things about human thought and behavior!
Who this course is for:
- People whose jobs involve dealing with other people. Retail, service, and customer service workers can benefit from knowing more about human nature.
- Speakers, trainers, and writers who wish to more effectively understand their audiences and how to help them address important problems
- Coaches and counselors who need to more deeply understand the complexities of their clients
- Students looking to supplement their psychology education with unique and compelling illustrations of psychology in action
- People with a desire to more deeply understand psychology
I'm a social psychologist and host of the Opinion Science podcast. My expertise is in the domain of attitudes and persuasion, but I have extensive experience with all corners of the social psychology world. The research in this field is so interesting that I can't help but want to share it! I look forward to the chance to share the world of social psychology with you.