AMAZING Change Management Plan
What you'll learn
- Create a comprehensive Change Plan with strategies to overcome resistance and to achieve success
- Understand change theories from the Micro level (Individual change) and the Macro level (Organisational change)
- Apply different Change Theories that are relevant to the types of changes you are trying to implement
- Thoroughly understand, document and plan for your next change initiative
- Motivate your team and inspire your stakeholders during the change process
- Students should have experienced an organisational change (large or small), either in a work environment or other organisation (e.g., charity, volunteer organisation, sports & leisure organisation, etc.)
Starting a change effort can be really tough. Implementing the change can be even tougher. Sometimes you need a little help.
A well thought through Change Plan can help you fully understand your change, decide on the best approach for your change and help you identify the right people to manage your change.
Terrapin Agrada’s AMAZING Change Management Plan video series will help you to build your own Change Plan.
Download and use the Change Plan template provided to create your Change Plan that addresses your situation, your circumstances, the type of change you are implementing and the types of resources available to you to implement it.
Then watch the videos covering change management basics and popular change models and theories. From there, add to / amend / build on your Change Plan, with your new information and new insights.
Armed with the latest research, your Change Plan will help guide you through the pitfalls of change management with ease.
THREE AIMS FOR THIS COURSE:
1. The number one goal of this course is to help you create an AMAZING Change Plan for an existing or upcoming organisational change you are involved with (large or small)
2. Each lecture introduces a new change management theory that will help you complete, add to, edit, or amend your Change Plan, so that it is tailored to your circumstances
3. Help you relate to changes going on in your organisation (either with you leading the change or when the change is being done to you) by providing opportunities for you to reflect on your experiences in light of the different change management theories and models.
Note: All resources are on the right hand menu next to each lecture title.
Who this course is for:
- This course is FOR anyone who is currently, or is about to, manage a change effort
- This course is FOR anyone who wants to manage a change initiative, large or small
- This course is NOT for anyone who is not involved in organisational change
I help people to understand the change process, the roles they play in change and how they can encourage others through it.
Early in my career I was first asked to 'manage a project'. I was not asked because I was already a Project Manager, nor because I even knew what a project was, but because there was a desperate need for resources and they were literally asking anyone and everyone! I learned on the job, as I went a long. It turns out I was pretty good at it, but my early project history was pretty hit and miss. Sometimes it was good, sometimes not so much...
After a few years, I finally got some project management training. It helped give me credibility as I put some method behind my madness and my results improved. If only I had had someone to tell me all of this from the beginning, I could have saved myself so much frustration and fewer burnt bridges!
Over the years, I have become accredited in several best practise methodologies to get better and better at my own project management, as well as helping others improve with theirs. I have been using both traditional (waterfall) and iterative (agile) approaches throughout my career. I see value in both; each with their own purpose, time and place. Sometimes that includes a hybrid of both.
In my courses, I aim to share my project and change experiences (good and bad) to help others progress in their careers. Change can be hard. And I truly believe the better prepared you are, the better your experiences will be.
Author of 4 project management books:
PRINCE2 in Action: Project Management in Real Terms
Leadership Skills for Project and Programme Managers
Communication Skills for Project and Programme Managers
Team Management Skills for Project and Programme Managers
MSc in Training and Development from Portland State University, BSc in Economics from Arizona State University.
Accredited Trainer in MSP®, PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile®, APM®, APMG AgilePM, and APMG Change Management.
Certified Practitioner in NLP, Life Coaching and EFT.
Other qualifications include ITIL®, MoP® and Scrum Master.