Am I Experiencing Domestic Abuse and Is It Time To Go
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know the many different signs of abuse
- Understand the impact of abuse on the victim, children and the family; including some statistics
- Understand the 10 major types of abuse
- Be clear on when you should leave an abusive relationship
- This course is appropriate for men and women ages 16 years and older.
- A safe space to go through the course, away from an abuse
- No prior knowledge or experience of abusive relationships is necessary
Domestic abuse knows no barriers of age, religion, culture or gender; although the vast majority of victims are women. Be it Emotional Abuse, Physical Abuse, Financial Abuse, Sexual Abuse or Neglect, etc. this course unravels the dangers of abusive relationships.
This course will help you be clear on whether domestic abuse is present in a relationship. A victim can go from feeling devalued, disrespected, frustrated, confused, mentally tired or stressed, isolated, alone and in fear in an unhealthy relationship to being knowledgeable enough to get further advice and support while gaining the confidence so you can move towards gaining mental and physical freedom, and flourishing in a beautiful new life.
I have personally been there, I experienced it and want to share the wealth of knowledge and information with you on how you too can survive and thrive. Why? Awareness and Knowledge is POWER, it can lead you to Freedom! I want you to be Abuse-Free and live the FULFILLING life you were born to!
As your instructor I will share insights and expertise from over two decades of personal experience, research and training in relationship dynamics.
Students will learn a number of key lessons including: Signs of abuse, understanding the way an abuser tries to trap you, the foundations of abuse and the effects of abuse, to name a few things.
This 60 minutes plus course is structured into 8 segments broken down into individual lectures, each in Power Point slides and videos, plus downloadable course material, tasks and insightful information.
- Women who are victims of domestic violence
- Men who are victims of domestic violence
- Abusers wishing to change their attitude and behaviour
- Women who are constantly stressed in their relationship and need clarity on whether the relationship is abusive or not
- Individuals wanting to be more informed about what support they can offer to people they suspect or know are in abusive relationships
- Professionals wanting to learn more about domestic violence and other types of relationship abuse
This lecture looks at physical, sexual, or psychological harm by a current or former partner or spouse. There are four types of individual (intimate) partner violence. These are called intimate terrorism, violent resistance, situational couple violence and mutual violent control. They are based on the relationship between a committed couple and the control context of the violence they display.
This lecture looks at how many abusers use a combination of the different types and methods of physical, sexual, or psychological harm on their current or former partner or spouse.
This lecture looks at how children who see others, especially their loved ones like mum, dad, siblings etc, being victims of abuse are victims of abuse themselves. It further looks at how they are victims whether the abuser ever directly abuses them or not.