Altium Designer 16 - Basics (Arduino FIO)
What you'll learn
- Design custom printed circuit boards (PCB) in Altium Designer
- Generating PCB outputs for fabrication of PCB
- Enhance design workflow in PCB design and fabrication
- Some electronics background
- Altium Designer
Do you want to design your own Printed Circuit Board (PCB)?
Do you want to increase your PCB design efficiency in Altium Designer?
In this course, you will learn from paper napkin schematics to sending PCB outputs to your manufacturer. This course will help develop a good foundation in Altium Designer, leading to better PCB design practices and skills. Upon completion of this course, you will have the tools required to design your very own custom PCB in a short amount of time.
What is expected in this course?
- Preparation of course: Installation, licensing and graphical user interface
- Component creation: schematic symbol, PCB footprint (2D and 3D) and IPC component wizards
- Schematic design: component placement, physical wiring, logical net labels
- PCB design: board shape definition, footprint placement, multiple routing modes
- Schematic electrical rule check and PCB design rule check
- Cross probing between schematic and PCB views
- Output generation: Bill of material, Gerber files
What are the requirements?
- Internet to download Altium Designer
- Altium Designer license or 15-day trial license
- A computer which meets the requirements of Altium Designer
What am I going to get from this course?
- 29 lectures and 5 hours of professional intructor-led content!
- Create your own PCB in Altium Designer
What is the target audience?
- Beginners to intermediate skilled Altium Designer users
- Engineers migrating into Altium Designer
- Aspiring product entrepreneurs
- Students and researchers looking to design their custom PCB
- Anyone interested in designing PCB
Who this course is for:
- Engineering students
Hi! I'm Eu Jin. I have a Masters of Engineering degree from University of Toronto, graduated with the highest distinction.
I have designed numerous printed circuit boards in university as a researcher and a student, and in startup communities based in Toronto. I'm passionate in engineering and I have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in Mechatronics and Electromechanical Systems.
I recently took a dive and formed my own business as I was not contented with a strict 9AM - 5PM job. I provide consulting services to businesses which includes design data migration, integration between design data and external ERP/PLM software and implementation of Altium Designer.
I have great interpersonal skills, and extensive commitment and passion in the field of engineering.