Alternatives to saying "No! Don't, Stop!" without giving in
What you'll learn
- How to say NO! in a way that is respectful and empowering.
- What to say instead of "Don't do that! Stop it!" that actually makes them feel good about themselves.
- A section just for skills to use with toddlers.
- A section focused on how to say NO when it comes to money.
- Put in place a range of boundaries without giving in to your children.
- Unlock the resentment and sour faces when you say NO to your children.
- How to get their children to come up with their own solutions instead of complaining how unfair you are.
- Get your child to stop doing what you don't want them to do, without angry fights and guilty feelings of punishment.
- Be able to pinpoint why you say NO, understand what need of yours you are protecting, and how to transform that into everyday breakthroughs.
- Use emotionally intelligent skills that only therapists use because no one knows how to teach them.
- it helps to be able to print out the summary sheets
- have a pen and paper ready to make notes and to write the solutions for your situations
- come with an open attitude that your leanring could come in leaps and bounds, or in the finer details of what I have to share with you
[updated October2018 with new skills} This course is for those parents and teachers who are fed up with having to continuously say NO, DON'T and STOP every day! You can use these skills for everyday problems from toddlers to teens such as:
Stop splashing.... cheating, swearing, whining, hitting your brother, stealing, eating with your mouth open, leaving dirty clothes on the floor, watching too much TV or too much computer. We have a skill for each and every boundary you need to put in place.
Come learn alternatives that actually empower and build confidence instead of leading to anger and frustration from both you and your children.
I will take you step by step through the tried and tested skills we have developed over the last 20 years. And more importantly, I will show you how you can implement these skills straight away so you will get breakthrough after breakthrough.
But this course is more than that. It's about understanding the psychology of your child and bringing out the best in them, and in you.
I have included Skills Summary printouts that you can stick up around your house.
I have included links to online exercises where you can practice your skills.
I have included whole sections on TODDLERS, on MONEY MATTERS, and frequently asked questions.
Parenting does not have to be something you just survive.... as these skills will push you into a paradigm of THRIVE.
And you don't need to know them all... in fact... there is probably more than you will need here.... you just need 2 core skills and they will work in over 80% of your situations.
So enroll now and learn how to get rid of that guilty feeling that you may be damaging your child's well being... only because you just have not yet learned the easier alternatives.
Who this course is for:
- all parents and caregivers and parents to be
- teachers, social workers and therapists
Robin Booth is an international expert in providing emotionally intelligent solutions to everyday parenting challenges. Over the last 15 years he has supported hundreds and thousands of teachers and parents from around the world create breakthroughs in getting their children to cooperate with them.
Internationally he is mostly known for founding the Synergy Schooling Approach. This approach demonstrates how easily personal and academic excellence can be achieved when a teacher uses skills in boosting self esteem and developing the child's internal motivation for success .
Upon experiencing the amazing changes in their children (the children being happier, more cooperative and more confident), these parents asked Robin to share with them these same skills. And now he wants to share these with you!
Robin has an incredibly unique and respectful way of understanding and unlocking the challenges parents face every day. This means you will not have come across many of these skills before.
Due to this success, Robin is often asked to travel to speak at conferences, be interviewed on TV and Radio and run workshops for parents and teachers. He has published books and many other parenting resources.
For the last 8 years, many schools in South Africa include Robin's workshops with FULL attendance by ALL their parents and teachers as they have proven so successful in building self esteem and getting cooperation.
He lives in Cape Town, South Africa, with his family.