Alternate Picking Speed & Accuracy
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- 42 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Improve their alternate picking on guitar
- Play etudes along with a backing track that focus on different alternate picking challenges
- Develop a practice regimen that will help them improve long after the course is complete
- Learn correct ways to practice for speed and accuracy
- A metronome is required but a free download of the one used in the course is provided.
- Adobe Reader or another application to view PDFs is required to view the tablature resources
- An mp3 player is required to play the downloadable backing tracks.
Have you ever wondered how guitarists like John Petrucci, Jeff Loomis, and Steve Morse achieve such speed and precision in their alternate picking?
Well, we are going to break down the technical details of alternate picking to its smallest parts and use a step-by-step approach to build your alternate picking technique from the ground up so you can take your guitar playing to the next level.
You will start with exercises that isolate the left hand and right hand. Then you will move on to topics such as:
- Single String Technique
- Inside and Outside Picking
- String Skipping
- One Note Per String
As you master each new technique, you are presented with fun-to-play etudes that you will learn and then play back over included, full band backing tracks. Backing tracks are provided at various tempos so you can progress at your own rate.
If you have been looking for the answer to the alternate picking mastery, look no further.
- This course is suited for new or veteran guitar players that would like to increase the speed and accuracy of their alternate picking.
- No prior experience is experience is needed. However, it would be helpful to have at least some knowledge of scales.