All About Sugarcraft – fondant models for cakes and cupcakes
What you'll learn
- The basics of working with gum paste: rolling, cutting, gluing and basic shapes as well as understanding how to work with this material and storing it.
- How to create various professionally looking decorations to set on cupcakes or cakes, as well as 3d models cake toppers.
- Various modeling techniques ranging from easy and simple all the way to complex and elaborate.
- Creating cake toppers such as the teddy bear and high heel shoe.
- Creating a character from top to bottom, including how to create the face, hair, clothing and more.
- How to make stunning realistic sugar flowers and filler flowers to create a showstopper flowery cake.
- How to make small and cute models that can be attached to the sides of a cake as decorations or on top of cupcakes.
- How to cover a cake with fondant.
- There is no need in previous Sugarcraft background or experience.
- For some of the models, students will need a few Sugarcraft tools such as a rolling pin, a Dresden tool and cutting rings.
Learn how to create beautiful and stunning characters and models out of gum paste. In this course you will learn everything you need to know about gum paste and fondant, how to work with the dough, from basic techniques all the way to interacted and complex designs. Learn the basics of rolling, cutting and gluing, how to create the basic shapes that are the beginning of all models, how to store your paste properly as well as additional edibles we use to help us with the modelling process. This course is easy to follow with step-by-step demonstrations and detailed explanations. From basics to complex and interacted characters and models, cupcake and cake decorations and designs. learn all the techniques, tips and tricks to become a professional cake and cupcake decorator. Take your skills to the next level with these one of a kind special template designs to help guide you through the modelling process and also replace some special cutters. If you have never picked up a piece of fondant or gum paste in your life or you are an amateur looking to get professional, this is the course for you. After finishing this course, you will be able to use this knowledge to make your own beautiful creations all by yourself.
Who this course is for:
- From complete beginners to amateurs who are looking to learn the art of Sugarcraft.
- Home bakers struggling with creating professional looking cake and cupcake sugar decorations.
- Anyone who wants to learn new characters and modeling techniques.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to cover a cake with fondant.
- Pastry shop owners who want to add specialty cupcakes to their menu.
- Anyone who wants to sell specialty cupcakes for events such as birthdays, baby showers and anniversaries.
- Anyone looking to expand their culinary background and advance their baking career.
I am a professional pastry chef, trained at the world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu in London. I have years of experience working as a pastry chef in hotels and restaurants in Tel-Aviv and London. At my latest position I was head pastry chef in a fine dining restaurant in London, overseeing the entire pastry department, producing desserts daily as well as creating the dessert menu for every season.
I also have a BFA in film and television and worked as a photographer and video editor for over 6 years. My pastry career started as an amateur pastry chef. From a young age I loved baking and it was a hobby that took over my life but remained a hobby for a while. While working as a photographer, I worked on developing my pastry skills and building my home-based pastry business of bespoke specialty cakes and cupcakes, eventually deciding to study pastry and pursue it as my main career. Therefore, I am remarkably familiar in how to build yourself as a pastry chef and how to progress in this field.
Also, I have years of experience in frontal teaching to adults as well as children and I know how to build courses and lessons in a way that is both engaging as well as educational.