All About Gardening With Herbs
What you'll learn
- You'll learn exactly which herbs are right for your unique garden situation.
- How to successfully grow them and the best varieties to grow, including some super unique ones.
- When and how to harvest your herbs during the growing season.
- Suggestions for cooking with herbs and tips for preserving them for use in delicious meals all year long.
- You'll need a garden or containers in order to grow your herbs. We learn about growing herbs outside in the sun, not in the house.
Herbs are one of the most "worth it" plants to grow in your garden.
They're easy, many of them are perennial and come back year after year, they save you money at the grocery store, and a pinch of herbs can elevate your dinner dish to something extra delicious.
While teaching thousands of gardeners over the years one thing I've learned is that most people are either not growing many herbs or under-utilizing the herbs they do grow.
This class is filmed in my front yard vegetable garden in southern Wisconsin so you can see firsthand how to grow, harvest, cook with, and preserve a bounty of fresh, organic herbs every season.
Join me and learn how joyful and fun it can be to grow your own organic herbs!
Plan Your Herb Garden
Discover exactly what you need to know about each herb, choose which to grow in your garden, and learn where to plant them
Learn about my favorite unique varieties to grow, where to get them, and whether to buy seeds or plants
Deep Dive into Each Herb
A separate video for 10 popular herbs with tips on growing, harvesting, cooking with, and preserving
Tips for Preserving
Easily put away herbs for adding a pop of summer to winter meals
Printable worksheets, checklists & other supporting documents to get you excited to start taking action.
Your Questions Answered
Don't understand something or want more information? You can leave a note for me in the course and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Who this course is for:
- Great for any level gardener from beginners to those who've had their hands in the soil for a while!
Megan Cain is setting out to create a legion of gardening addicts that successfully and passionately grow their own food. Through her gardening education business, The Creative Vegetable Gardener, she helps people get more from their gardens by first mastering the essentials and then indulging in the colorful details that make gardening not just a favorite pastime, but a lifestyle.
She’s published two books, Super Easy Food Preserving and Smart Start Garden Planner, teaches seasonal online classes, and runs an online gardening club, The Flavorful Life Garden Club.