All About Cookies: the crunchy and crumbly
What you'll learn
- Learn to bake the perfect cookie the right way! With six different cookies and decorations all from scratch.
- Learn all the various techniques of preparing and baking cookies.
- Learn the various types of cookie dough such as the short crust pasty, biscuti dough and gingerbread.
- Learn how to make the perfect French macaron with the delicious filling to match.
- Create professionally looking royal iced sugar cookies implementing different techniques and designs.
- Learn all the tips and tricks and what to avoid while baking the perfect cookie.
- Learn new trends in cookies such as the "cereal cookies".
- There is no need in previous baking background or experience.
- For some of the cookies recipes students will need a few baking tools such as a whisk, a mixer and baking trays.
- For some of the decorations students will need a piping bag and nozzle, a silicone mat and food color
"All about cookies: the crunchy and crumbly" is a comprehensive, easy to follow, step by step guide to the art of cookie making. If you always wanted to bake perfect cookies like the professionals or you are looking to upgrade your baking and decorating skills, this is the course for you.
you will learn how to effortlessly bake delicious, crunchy, and beautiful cookies and more importantly how to avoid all the common mistakes everyone makes while baking cookies, so you will never have a failed cookie again.
With this failed proof, tried and tested recipes you will learn how to:
· Bake six different cookies using different common baking techniques.
· learn how to get that perfect crunchy bite.
· make stunning garnishes.
· learn how to work with royal icing in order to create beautiful decorations.
· learn the most intricate cookie of them all: the French macaron
· learn the right way to roll out cookie dough so it will bake evenly and not stick
· experiment with different cookie shapes, designs and cutting methods.
· make different types of dough and learn how to work with each of them.
after you finish this course, you will be able to stun your friends and family with these knock out show stopping cookies or even expand to open you own business.
Who this course is for:
- From complete beginners to professional bakers who are looking to learn the art of baking cookies.
- Home bakers struggling with creating professional looking cookies.
- Anyone who want to learn new recipes and create new and unique cookies.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to work and use royal icing on cookies.
- Anyone who wants to sell sweet boxes for events such as birthdays, baby showers and anniversaries.
- Anyone looking to expand their culinary background and advance their baking career.
I am a professional pastry chef, trained at the world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu in London. I have years of experience working as a pastry chef in hotels and restaurants in Tel-Aviv and London. At my latest position I was head pastry chef in a fine dining restaurant in London, overseeing the entire pastry department, producing desserts daily as well as creating the dessert menu for every season.
I also have a BFA in film and television and worked as a photographer and video editor for over 6 years. My pastry career started as an amateur pastry chef. From a young age I loved baking and it was a hobby that took over my life but remained a hobby for a while. While working as a photographer, I worked on developing my pastry skills and building my home-based pastry business of bespoke specialty cakes and cupcakes, eventually deciding to study pastry and pursue it as my main career. Therefore, I am remarkably familiar in how to build yourself as a pastry chef and how to progress in this field.
Also, I have years of experience in frontal teaching to adults as well as children and I know how to build courses and lessons in a way that is both engaging as well as educational.