All About Cakes
What you'll learn
- Learn to bake, fill, frost and decorate the perfect cake!
- Create professionally looking layered cake with three unique designs: the watercolor cake, the "naked" cake and the fault line cake.
- Use different techniques to create show stopping decorations such as chocolate sails, meringues toppers, isomalt bowl and more.
- Learn how to temper and work with chocolate to create amazing decorations.
- Learn my ultimate chocolate cake recipe with the best tips on how to bake your cake moist, leveled, and perfect for layered cake style.
- Work on amazing filling and topping with the most versatile vanilla cream filling and a raspberry topping.
- Learn the classic Swiss meringue method to creating buttercream frosting.
- Explore all the basic piping techniques and the correct way of creating them.
- Learn how to cut and level a cake in order to prepare it for staking.
- Learn the art of piping buttercream flowers.
- Make your very own home-made sprinkles!
- Learn all the tips and tricks and what to avoid while baking the perfect cake.
- There is no need in previous baking background or experience.
- For some of the recipe, students will need a few baking tools such as a whisk, a mixer and baking tins.
- For some of the decorations, students will need a piping bag and nozzle, a silicone mat and isomalt.
"All about cakes" is a comprehensive, easy to follow, step by step guide to the art of specialty cakes. In this course we will learn how to create stunning layered cakes from scratch. All the way from the baking, staking, filling, and frosting the cake to decorating designs and techniques. Along the way we will learn amazing useful techniques that every baker should know such as tempering chocolate, working with isomalt candy, piping flowers, and even making your very own sprinkles! All in one course! This course is so easy to follow; just watch the videos and bake along with the teacher. That way you will never have a failed cake again. In this course we will start with the ultimate moist and delicious chocolate cake that will make your clients jump up and down from joy. Carry on to the best and most versatile vanilla filling topped with a raspberry sauce. We will learn how to stack the cakes so they will be secure and leveled to perfection. Then it's only a matter of choosing what design and decoration you want to create. Meytal, the teacher, got you covered with three different and stunning cake designs suitable for every occasion. So go ahead and jump right into this specialty cake adventure!
Who this course is for:
- From a complete beginner to a prefesional baker who is looking to learn the art of baking and decorating cakes.
- Home bakers struggling with creating professional looking cakes.
- Anyone looking to expand their culinary background and advance their baking carrer.
- Anyone who wants to learn new recipes and create new and unique cake decorating designs.
- Anyonw who wants to learn how to temper and create chocolate decorations.
- Anyone who wants to sell specialty cakes for events such as birthdays, baby showers and anniverseries.
I am a professional pastry chef, trained at the world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu in London. I have years of experience working as a pastry chef in hotels and restaurants in Tel-Aviv and London. At my latest position I was head pastry chef in a fine dining restaurant in London, overseeing the entire pastry department, producing desserts daily as well as creating the dessert menu for every season.
I also have a BFA in film and television and worked as a photographer and video editor for over 6 years. My pastry career started as an amateur pastry chef. From a young age I loved baking and it was a hobby that took over my life but remained a hobby for a while. While working as a photographer, I worked on developing my pastry skills and building my home-based pastry business of bespoke specialty cakes and cupcakes, eventually deciding to study pastry and pursue it as my main career. Therefore, I am remarkably familiar in how to build yourself as a pastry chef and how to progress in this field.
Also, I have years of experience in frontal teaching to adults as well as children and I know how to build courses and lessons in a way that is both engaging as well as educational.