Learn Algebra The Easy Way!
What you'll learn
- At the end of my course, students will be able to understand the basic fundamentals and principles of algebra.
- Students will need a basic understanding of the principles of math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
This course is designed for university students taking intermediate algebra and college algebra and high school students taking algebra 1, algebra 2, or algebra 3.
Here is a list of topics covered in this course:
1. Basic Arithmetic - Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division
2. Fractions Review - This includes adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions.
3. Solving Linear Equations - Includes single-step and multi-step equations with variables and parentheses on both sides.
4. Order of Operations - Includes PEMDAS and evaluating mathematical expressions.
5. Absolute Value Functions & Inequalities
6. Graphing Linear Equations Using Slope & The Y-Intercept
7. Polynomials - Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division.
8. Factoring - Difference of Perfect Squares, Trinomials, Sum and Difference of Perfect Cubes & More
9. Systems of Linear Equations - Examples Include Two and Three Variables along with word problems.
10. Quadratic Equations - Quadratic Formula, Completing The Square, Graphing Quadratic Equations, and Word Problems.
11. Rational Expressions - Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Graphing, and Solving Rational Equations.
12. Radical Expressions - This section discusses how to simplify radical expressions and how to solve radical equations.
13. Complex Imaginary Numbers - Basic Operations, Solving Equations, and Graphing
14. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
15. Functions - Domain and Range, Evaluating Functions, Horizontal and Vertical Line Test
16. Conic Sections - Circles, Ellipses, Hyperbolas, and Parabolas
17. Arithmetic and Geometric Sequences
Who this course is for:
- high school and college students including adults returning to college.
I started my education career by tutoring students right after high school and into college receiving a BA in Chemistry. The request that I usually receive were hard core topics like Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Precalculus, Calculus, General Chemistry, Physics, and Organic Chemistry.
Over time, I learned which teaching methods are most effective for helping students to not only understand the material but to retain it and to apply it during an exam to boost their score. Now, I focus more on creating videos and online courses that help not just students in my locality but students worldwide who might be struggling with this course.