Algebra for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Use essential algebraic techniques that provide the foundations for more advanced problem solving.
- Understand and be familiar with algebraic terminology.
- Confidently apply skills and knowledge gained from this course in a classroom and examination setting.
- Appreciate why we use algebra and how it is useful in both theoretical and real life situations.
- Access to a printer would be beneficial.
- A pen and some paper.
This course is aimed at beginners, those who are just starting out or who are unfamiliar with basic algebra and wanting to refresh their knowledge and skills. It is broken down into bitesize chunks making it suitable for both learning and revising. You will gain an understanding and be able to put in to practice knowledge and skills in the areas of:
- Positive and Negative Numbers
- Order of Operations using BODMAS/BIDMAS/PEMDAS
- Constants, Variables and Expressions
- Collecting Like Terms
- Forming and Solving Equations and more...
If you are wanting to prepare for what lies ahead or simply gain a better understanding in these areas then this course is ideal for you. The engaging and informative videos, course notes and practice questions with worked answers, will help you add algebra to your growing list of mathematical strengths.
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for you if you:
- …have little or no understanding of algebra.
- …are just starting out.
- ...are a beginner.
- …just ‘didn’t get it’ at school.
- …are home-schooled.
- …want to refresh your basic algebraic skills.
- …are a parent or carer wanting to support your child with their learning.
- …want to potentially improve your job prospects by learning new skills.
- It is suitable for all age groups.
- It would not be suitable for you if you have a solid understanding of basic algebraic techniques.
Maths need not be difficult but we understand that it may take you a while to grasp a concept.
Our courses are designed by maths experts who know how to express mathematical ideas in a clear and engaging manner. Each of our bitesize lectures reinforce your learning and encourage practical application, so that you develop the necessary skills to be a successful, confident mathematician. Our maths courses are designed to appeal to a variety of different learning styles by using a variety of delivery methods.