Algebra Basics: Multi-Step Equations/Inequalities
What you'll learn
- Learn the algebra basics needed to succeed in this course.
- Learn simple steps for solving equations/inequalities.
- Learn Multi-step equations/inequalities.
- Learn to solve with variables on both sides equations and inequalities
- Learn to solve compound inequalities
- Learn to solve literal equations
- Learn to solve word problems for equations and inequalities.
- Learn to solve word problems with variables on both sides.
- You should have completed 7th grade math to take this course.
In this course you will review the needed items to be successful in Algebra 1. Essential Vocabulary, single and multi-step Equations with variables on both sides, Graphing and solving single and multi-step Inequalities, Solving and Graphing Compound inequalities, Solving Literal Equations, and writing and solving equations and inequalities from word problems. The videos are directly used in my classroom each and every day. They are faced directly at the paper which I am writing to reduce distraction for learners who need a more focused lesson.
Students will work their way through each video taking notes to ensure their understanding. Each video will begin with their learning target or what they are expected to know when the video ends, it will then move to worded steps. This will help the student grasp the steps needed to ANY and ALL types of problems around this content, and finally it will move onto examples with different types of problems and how to solve them.
This course is perfect for any student finishing Algebra or getting ready to start algebra as a good course to reduce the summer slide. These skills will help all learning students throughout many areas in their mathematics from Middle school to college.
Who this course is for:
- 8th Grade and 9th Grade students OR leading into those grades as a booster over the summer
Educator with 8+ years experience with Algebra 1, Geometry, Physical Science, Gifted Students and STEM. I LOVE what I do and have a major passion for ALGEBRA 1. I have worked extensively with this course as it is one my students will need to pass in order to graduate. I cannot wait to help you deepen your learning in Math and increase the confidence you will have for your own life-long skills.