Alexander Technique Introduction
What you'll learn
- Achieve better Posture, Poise, Performance, Breathing, Voice production and less pain.
- Acquire a powerful, resourceful, innovative skill you can use and develop for the rest of your life.
- Recognize inefficient, detrimental habits in yourself and be able to change them.
- Understand Alexander Technique principles and apply them to your lifestyle.
- Learn about the natural laws of coordination and mechanical advantage that you possess.
- A pen and notepad to take notes and your undivided focused attention.
The course is a simple and basic introductory to the Alexander Technique for anyone who wants to know more about it. The Alexander Technique is most popular amongst performers such as musicians, actors and professionals who would like to enhance performance and reduce, avoid and prevent injury, strain and pain.
F.M Alexander's principles are explained and demonstrated in simple everyday language so the viewer/listener can understand how the technique works and can be applied to their lifestyle.
1. The course is about how you can improve your own Posture, Poise, Performance, Breathing and reduce excess muscle tension and pain.
2. Learn a powerful, resourceful, innovative, skill you can use and develop for the rest of your life.
3. Tips and procedures on how to relive pain, improve posture and breathing quickly.
4. Under 1 hour to complete the introduction course.
5. To learn about the laws of natural coordination, poise, performance and pain-prevention.
6. Take this course if you're interested in performing at your best and being resistant to stress, fatigue and bad habits.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone new to the Alexander Technique, anyone who would like to improve their posture, poise, voice, general health and performance, and anyone who would like to get rid of back-pain and many other painful health conditions.
Paul came to the Alexander technique out of curiosity and a musical background. He found it enhances (and removes strain from) any kind of motor performance; his general health, breathing and posture also dramatically improved unexpectedly.
Experiencing these benefits along with many many others, he decided to train to become a teacher. He was the 1st official teacher to complete the 1600 hours of training in Ireland to the STAT [UK] standard and responsible for bringing STAT certification to Ireland.(Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique, est.1958) He's been working with the public and private companies since 2007.
Paul's also certified by ATI ( Alexander Technique International [US] ) and ISATT ( Irish society of Alexander Technique teachers ).