Album Cover Design Course
- 41 mins on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Pricing, invoicing and taking deposit
- How to connect with your music clients and learn more about them so you are working in the right direction creatively
- How to research covers of the past and present so you can identify reference material
- Sketch phase: using your research to produce unique and powerful ideas
- How to create a solid mock up sample and send to your client
- How to handle design client feedback
- How to properly name and submit final art files to your client
- Smart phone or computer to watch videos
Welcome to the Album Cover Design Course! This course is for artists and designers who would like to expand their skills creating album covers for music clients. I have been designing album art for over 15 years and have toured the world with my husband who is a rock artist. Over the years I have learned some key things about designing for music, and in the this course I am sharing some powerful tips.
There will be an Album Cover Design Challenge at the end of the course, with a PDF Album Cover Design Checklist for your convenience and review.
In this course you will learn:
- pricing, invoicing and taking deposit
- how to connect with your music clients and learn more about them so you are working in the right direction creatively.
- how to research covers of the past and present so you can identify reference material
- sketch phase: using your research to produce unique and powerful ideas
- how to create a solid mock up sample and send to your client
- how to handle client feedback
- how to properly name and submit final art files to your client
Looking forward to having you join this course and learn how to create powerful, memorable and effective album covers.
- Graphic Designers, Illustrators and Artists who want to learn more about album cover design.
Before you initiate any design for your music clients, I encourage you to price properly and take deposits.
Please refer the PDF download to follow along with the 5 questions you should ask your music clients in order to connect with them and start creating in the right direction.
Welcome to the Album Cover Design Challenge!
After going through the course, you are now going to put these new stills to practice with an album cover design challenge. I have created an imaginary band who is looking for the perfect cover for their new album. Using your own style, create an album cover concept and post it in the projects section so we can all see it! This will be a lot of fun to see how one band can have wide range of design interpretations!
NOTE: Please also see PDF download Album Cover Design Checklist, which will help review the course and encourage you to go through the design process. Also, you will find the 5 Questions To Ask Your Music Clients PDF for future reference and client usage.
GET TO KNOW YOUR MUSIC CLIENT:
Band Name: EMBERS
About the band: Embers is an all female modern rock band.
Album Name: TUESDAY
Album Concept: The album concept is that "extraordinary things can happen on very ordinary days".
Bands description of their music style: "Edgy modern rock".
Who do they sound like? "Cranberries meets Metric".
Their favourite album covers: "Pink Floyd and Rolling stones".
Colors of significance to them: "Teal blue, grey, white and black".
Visuals that they connect with: "the ocean, metallics and geometric shapes".
Other comments from the band: "we like the idea of juxtaposition, mixing two elements together that normally do not go together to form a new meaning".
Thank you for joining this album cover design challenge. I hope this course has served you as you are practicing this design form.