Akka Streams with Scala | Rock the JVM
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn advanced Akka with asynchronous streams
- Understand backpressure and the principles of Reactive Streams
- Adopt a new mental model with Materialization
- Construct large-scale streams with the Akka Streams Graph DSL
- Control Akka Streams logic with Graph Stages
- Internalize the best practices
- Akka fundamentals, at the level of the Rock the JVM Akka Essentials course
- Good proficiency with Scala, at the level of the Rock the JVM Advanced Scala course
- Solid CS and multithreading fundamentals
In this course, we will learn how to write reactive distributed applications using the powerful Akka Streams. You'll write 2000+ lines of Akka code yourself, with guidance, and you will become a rockstar.
This course is for Scala/Akka programmers who need to design large-scale reactive asynchronous systems.
You probably know Akka already:
it speeds up the development of concurrent applications by as much as 10x
its demand has exploded
it's a highly marketable skill
it's incredibly fun - power in your hands!
I like to get to the point and get things done. This course
deconstructs all concepts into the critical pieces you need
selects the most important ideas and separates them into what's simple but critical and what's powerful
sequences ideas in a way that "clicks" and makes sense throughout the process of learning
applies everything in live code
The end benefits are still much greater:
a completely new mental model around streaming and reactive systems
a more marketable resume
more enjoyable work - Akka is fun!
This course is for established programmers with experience with Scala and Akka at the level of the Rock the JVM courses. I already assume a solid understanding of general programming fundamentals.
This course is NOT for you if
you've never written Scala code before
you've never worked with Akka
The course is comprehensive, but you'll always see me get straight to the point. So make sure you have a good level of focus and commitment to become a badass programmer.
I believe both theory and practice are important. That's why you'll get lectures with code examples, real life code demos and assignments, plus additional resources, instructions, exercises and solutions.
I've seen that my students are most successful - and my best students work at Google-class companies - when they're guided, but not being told what to do. I have exercises waiting for you, where I offer my (opinionated) guidance but otherwise freedom to experiment and improve upon your code.
Definitely not least, my students are most successful when they have fun along the way!
So join me in this course and let's rock the JVM!
- Scala and Akka developers who need to design large-scale reactive distributed systems