Aviation Management: Introduction to Airport Privatization
What you'll learn
- Differentiate between different forms and levels of airport privatization
- Understand why airport privatization is a challenging task and who are the major stakeholders affected by airport privatization
- Have clarity on the general perception regarding state-owned airports vs. private airports
- Have deeper understanding of the privatization process through real world case studies of airport privatization
- If you have a background in management or are already working at an airport, it will help but even if you aren’t, this course will build concepts from ground up.
Airports are the hubs of air transportation industry and play critical role in connecting the world. The management and governance of these critical infrastructures is of utmost importance in aviation. The question of privatization of state-owned airports is of particular significance in air transportation industry.
When British Airports Authority was privatized in the 1980s, it served as a ‘showcase’ and ‘demonstration’ for the economic world and inspired airport privatization in Europe and many other countries. However, state-ownership is still the prevalent form of airport governance in majority of the world countries.
It has given rise to some very important questions in aviation management and air transportation industry.
What form of airport governance is better? State-ownership or private ownership?
What are the different forms of airport privatization?
Who are the stakeholders of airport privatization?
What makes airport privatization challenging?
What are the experiences of different countries with airport privatization?
Do state-owned airports provide better quality of services or private airports?
This course is based on answering above questions. It explains all of the important concepts associated with the topic of airport privatization and presents real world case studies to develop an in-depth understanding of the subject instead of just textbook theory.
Who this course is for:
- People working in Aviation Authorities, Airport Authorities, Airport management companies or airport operators, Audit companies and public audit departments (especially aviation-related auditing) and Consultancy companies (dealing in aviation)
- Students, graduates or people interested in the field of Aviation Management, Strategic Management, Policy and Macro-Economics
- Research scholars working in the field of airport privatization, airport management, airport performance, airport efficiency related studies, airport service quality related studies and corporate governance of airports
I have been working in Aviation sector since 2016. With a graduate degree in Engineering and Masters in Management, my professional experience covers ground handling operations management, ground support equipment maintenance management, airport services contract management, airport development works, machinery procurements and health & safety oversight.
Presenting and teaching has always been my passion and that is why I have made this Udemy Instructor account. I'm using this platform to teach the things that I have mastered through my experience, observation and research. I am making courses that make difficult stuff easy to understand by adopting an intuitive approach of understanding concepts and problems.