Aviation: Aircraft Ground Support Equipment
What you'll learn
- Nearly 20 different types of Aircraft Ground Support Equipment used world wide.
- Role each equipment plays in aircraft ground operations and the particular nature of ground support provided by each equipment.
- Basic understanding of how each equipment works; what are its major components and its different types and configurations.
- How all Ground Support Equipment work together in Ground Handling to service the aircraft.
- Some basic school level science knowledge.
- Some prior knowledge of airport and aircrafts.
Do you know there are nearly 20 different Ground Handling activities performed on an airplane? and that each of these activities is performed by a specialized machine, vehicle or piece of equipment designed for that very purpose. An airport gate, aircraft bay or stand, whatever you name it, becomes a very busy place when an aircraft is parked there. Tens of different machines and personnel gather around the aircraft for its servicing to make it ready for the next flight as soon as possible because an aircraft doesn't make profit staying on the ground. It needs to get back in air as soon as possible.
Aircraft Ground Support Equipment (GSE) refers to all these specialized vehicles and machines that are used in Ground Handling Operations/Ramp Operations to service an aircraft in-between flights. They are of many types and perform many different aircraft support operations and aircraft servicing activities to prepare the aircraft for the next flight. This course is designed to explain all of these ground support operations performed by each of these Ground Support Equipment in detail to look at how many of them are there and what role does each equipment play. It explains how each equipment works and its different types and configurations.
This course will not just name the equipment with their descriptions, NO! This course will explain why is this ground support operation there? Why does the aircraft need support in this thing? Why a specialized machine for this purpose? By explaining these intuitive questions, this course will build a good conceptual foundation of ground support operations.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone working or willing to work in aviation sector including Airlines, Ground Handling Agencies (GHAs), Ground Support Equipment Manufacturers, Airport Authorities, Aviation Regulatory Bodies like ICAO, FAA and IATA etc.
- Anyone doing business in aviation industry especially GSE products such as supply and distribution.
- Anyone conducting any sort of research or study on Aircraft Ground Operations.
- Anyone working in the field of Airport Design and Development.
- Airplane and Aviation Enthusiasts.
I have been working in Aviation sector since 2016. With a graduate degree in Engineering and Masters in Management, my professional experience covers ground handling operations management, ground support equipment maintenance management, airport services contract management, airport development works, machinery procurements and health & safety oversight.
Presenting and teaching has always been my passion and that is why I have made this Udemy Instructor account. I'm using this platform to teach the things that I have mastered through my experience, observation and research. I am making courses that make difficult stuff easy to understand by adopting an intuitive approach of understanding concepts and problems.