Aikido ABC - Vol 1. Body preparation
What you'll learn
- You will learn about your body through traditional exercises meant to create a centred, balanced and dynamic body
- With four different but complimentary solo exercises you will gain an unprecedented understanding of your own body.
- By easy, in-depth step by step instruction you will soon begin to feel the positive changes in your experience.
- Because everyone works within their own limits, everyone can join in.
- No matter what age these exercises will help your general health.
- Big or small, we can all benefit from these traditional exercises.
Welcome to the premiere course of Aikido ABC - Vol 1. In this initial program we will focus on the body preparation for all the Aikido work coming later in course Vol 2-5.
This ‘warm-up’ will include:
1. The traditional Japanese whole-body Aikido Calisthenics.
2. Basic core strengthening exercises. Waist, hips and legs.
3. Kokyu-Ryoko: How to train soft strength. Breath power.
4. Connection. Stretch and pull your tendon and fascia connective tissue to create a strong yet supple connected body.
All four exercises blend, complement and inform each other yet each can be done in isolation by itself.
*Remember that personal hands-on teaching from a qualified instructor is invaluable in order to fully grasp the inner methods of practice.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner as well as Advanced students will benefit.
- From the age of 15 an above.
- Male and Female.
Bjorn Säw Sensei, 5 dan Aikikai, began training traditional Iwama Takemusu Aikido in Sweden for Takeji Tomita Shihan in 1974. After receiving his Shodan black belt in 1989 Bjorn taught as an assistant instructor in Aikido Dojo Stockholm.
He traveled to Japan to further his training under Morihiro Saito Shihan in Iwama and lived as uchi-deshi (live-in apprentice) in OSensei’s Aikido Shuren Dojo and as soto-deshi for a period of two and a half years between 1987 and 1993. While in Japan Bjorn Sensei also practiced Kashima Shinryu sword under Minoru Inaba Sensei in the Shiseikandojo at the Meiji Jingu shrine in Tokyo. He received his Nidan (1993) from Saito Sensei in Iwama.
In September 2002 he founded Aikido Alive London where he now teach his own development of Takemusu Aikido with an emphasis on incorporating the spiritual understanding of the practice based on a correct understanding of basics and with intent and freedom to explore the living and dynamic relationship that Aikido is. Since Saito Senseis passing away in 2002 Ulf Evenås Shihan has awarded 3rd dan (2005), 4th dan (2009) and 5th dan January 2014 to Bjorn Sensei.
Bjorn was a student of American spiritual teacher Andrew Cohen from 1991 to 2003. With much experience of meditation and spiritual contemplation Bjorn highlights the importance of the spiritual aspects of the art. His spiritual interest being a major influence on his Aikido teaching.
His latest course: ‘Spiritual ABC - step by step instruction. Vol 1-6’, will elucidate six aspects of a fully cognisant spiritual life.
More than just being a 5th Dan black belt teacher of Traditional Aikido, Bjorn Saw Sensei incorporates spiritual understanding into the learning process and teach how to be free in engagement; how to become free in this life. His overreaching teaching-aim is to make us fully aware of our inherent spiritual nature, here and now, and how that will affect every part of our lives.
“To become conscious of our own infinite potential as free human beings requires a one-pointed dedication and a lot of love and compassion.“
Born in Sweden in 1963, Bjorn began a life-long quest to discover the Truth. Based on a revelatory insight he had had as a baby, his passion lead him to pursue spiritual freedom and under the guidance of his teachers found unequaled liberation from his mind and today he endeavours to show simply and directly the intent we need to have in order to realise a real and true perspective that will transform our lives. Finally it is in communion where it all will be revealed, in the unity of our shared essence that will be the evidence of our understanding.