A Hangover Free Life
What you'll learn
- Have the knowledge and skills to change the way you drink and think about drinking
- Know how to cut down using moderation skills
- Reflect on your drinking while thinking about stopping or preparing to stop
- Know the impact that alcohol has both physically and psychologically
- Have the knowledge and skills to manage life alcohol free
- Have the knowledge and skills to both prevent and manage a relapse
- Are you fed up with hangovers?
- Do you worry that you're drinking too much or too often?
- If you could save some money, lose some weight and improve your mood as well as getting rid of your hangovers would this be of interest to you?
- If you're ready to change the way you think about drinking then this course is for you!
- If you're ready to change your drinking this course is for you!
Over 740 students enrolled since launch
Last updated: March 2022
Testimonial received 7th Jan 2019: "I just want to say thank you, your course was the first course i did on my journey to being alcohol free, i am now 1 year and 10 months along and still going strong. I think if i had not stumbled on your course, i would not be where i am now 100%, i would be still drinking. Thanks :)"
Since I stopped drinking in September 2013 I have saved £100,000, lost 12lbs in weight and any symptoms of anxiety or depression have all but gone. Plus in January 2018 my family emigrated from the UK to Australia for me to continue my professional career as a Clinical Nurse in Alcohol and Other Drugs Service (AODS) firstly in the Outback of North West Queensland and then, following a move to the East Coast, in Central Queensland. The course has been updated with new information & skills from the additional knowledge gained in these positions.
Before we stop, we think quitting drinking will be impossible and too hard, so we decide not to even try, but this course will give you all the information and tools to make it possible. There are presentations, an e-book, hand-outs and online resources for you to use. The course is designed to be completed in 6-7 hours but deciding to change your relationship with alcohol, and changing it can be a process which takes some time and as this course gives you lifetime access it will be there for you as long as you need it.
It looks at ways to cut down through moderation, gives you the structure and time to reflect on your drinking while thinking about stopping or preparing to stop.
It gives you knowledge about the impact that alcohol has physically and emotionally and the skills to manage life alcohol free. Then once you are living hangover free tools are provided to ensure that you can stay that way as long as you wish.
It gives supportive resources in terms of books, audio podcasts, films and online communities. Plus I can provide one-on-one support via telephone, email or Skype so if you feel this would be beneficial, please ask about my hourly rate.
This course is for you if you want to look at your relationship with booze and want to change it, be that temporarily or permanently. What have you got to lose? You can always go back to drinking if you change your mind. Although you might find, like me, that life is so much better without it that you'd rather stay hangover free. Enroll now!
Update: I have uploaded to the introduction to the course page, which you can preview for free, the new COVID-19; information on stopping drinking for people dependent on alcohol guidelines from Public Health England published on 7th May 2020 for your information. This information gives guidance on how to manage your drinking if you are worried that you are alcohol dependent and support resources available. Although this is UK public health advice the message is appropriate wherever you live in the world.
As my hangover free journey approaches 8 1/2 years I have decided to let the blog go so this will be the only record of any of that information from April 2022 and there will be no further updates to this course.
Who this course is for:
- You should take this course if you want to look at your relationship with alcohol and want to change it, be that temporarily or permanently
- If you are happy with your drinking this course is not for you
I am a public health nurse who wanted to offer an aid to help with reducing alcohol intake or quitting the booze. This course, my blog and all the resources are based on my own experience and from all the knowledge and skills I’ve acquired as a general nurse with alcoholic liver disease experience, psychology graduate, research assistant to Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Samaritan volunteer, post graduate specialist community public health nurse but most importantly as a person who was psychologically dependent on alcohol and who is now in the early stages of recovery.