Agile Requirements Readiness: Build the Right Thing First
What you'll learn
- Understand how Agile Requirements are Different
- Identify the 4Cs of Delay, what slows down the knowledge handoff between business and IT
- Study the Agile Lean Requirements Pipeline Framework to move your organization to a Lean-Agile Incremental Requirements Methodology
- Learn how to use the EPIC Statement as the key knowledge alignment technique to achieve faster software delivery
- Find out how to implement your first Agile Lean Requirements Business Team: Engage and Align the Business sooner in the product build process
- Realize how to synchronize your requirements pipeline with the development pipeline to reduce handoff delays and align business with IT
- Uncover DIY and Automated Tooling that can help you adopt and adapt
- Leverage pre-built templates and artifacts to jumpstart your journey to Agile Requirements Readiness
- If you manage or lead software development from either the business side or IT side then you are ready to take this course
Agile Requirements Readiness is a mindset and approach to implement lean-agile incremental requirements to achieve faster software delivery. Divided into four sections and 31 modules, this 2 hour and 5 min course is packed with ideas, concepts, practical methods, tools and templates to transform your requirements process. This is not about features and user stories but what happens BEFORE. By welcoming your existing requirements artifact types, this approach leaves your existing requirements engineering process alone but provides a path to lean-agile incremental requirements. Take the course and immediately apply these concepts so that you can get your software to market faster.
Designed for business owners, entrepreneurs, product managers and product owners, this course helps you build the right thing first not the wrong thing fast. The principles, practices and success patterns learned here will help you align and synchronize between business and software development.
This course will help you move away from waterfall requirements processes and reduce knowledge handoff delays between business and software development teams. Moving to an incremental requirements approach will increase coordination between business and software development.
This helps you write MUCH BETTER Features and User Stories that will be coded faster and with higher quality. By providing incremental requirements early and often, a better shared context and shared understanding is built between business and development teams.
Learn about the 4Cs of Delays and their impact on Requirements Readiness
Discover how the Agile Lean Requirements Pipeline Framework can help you achieve faster software delivery
On-Board your first Agile Lean Requirements Business Team
Leverage ready to use templates
Understand how to DIY your own tools
Learn about automated tools in the marketplace
Get the eBook "Agile Requirements Readiness: Achieve Faster Software Delivery" as part of the course
Who this course is for:
- Business owners and business leads defining or development critical software for their company
- Product Managers and Product Owners in Enterprises engaged in developing new or enhanced software capabilities
- Agile Development Teams that want to engage the business side more and gain alignment and improve customer satisfaction
- Entrepreneur's that need to build the right thing first with precious funds and high stakes deadlines
Tony is an agile coach, trainer, and consultant with years of experience in technology and software development. Currently serving as an Enterprise Agile Coach for a large healthcare insurance provider, Tony teaches and coaches agile best practice principles and the SAFe framework specializing in Product Management and Product Owner training.
Other interests include cosmology, rocket science (worked at NASA early in career), writing software, authoring novels & screenplays, volunteering, scribing articles and opinion pieces while also watching sci-fi films (no matter how bad). A father and husband he lives in Jacksonville, FL with his spouse. One married adult daughter lives in Denver, CO while the other married daughter lives here in Jacksonville.
Tony’s post regularly on his Agile Requirements Master Blog and is a contributor to other sites including the audio column, ‘To Tell a Story” on the SPAMCast network, The Builtin network and the The Product School Blog.
Tony is founder and product manager of Agile Ready his scalable solution for optimizing the agile requirements and user story authoring process. Explore the free Tutorials on Agile Ready.