Project Planning with Advanced Roadmaps for Jira
What you'll learn
- Be able to create a quick plan with existing JIRA data
- Be able to create realistic roadmaps with realistic dates
- Be able to work with the iron triangle constraints (scope, time, resources) to present the best path forward
- Be able to create manual plans or use Advanced Roadmap's smart auto-scheduling feature
- Familiarity with JIRA and agile concepts
- If you're looking to follow along, you would need access to a JIRA Premium Cloud instance (free trial is available )
This course walks through all the core features and functionality of Advanced Roadmaps - JIRA’s project planning and agile road-mapping tool, that is now available with Jira Premium.
The tool (previously know as the popular add-on, Portfolio) has proven to be so popular and useful, that it was taken over by Atlassian themselves, and is now included with a Jira Premium subscription on Cloud.
Advanced Roadmaps works off the iron triangle of planning which defines scope, time and resources as your primary constraints and parameters of planning. In this course, you will learn how you can find the best combination of the above to set realistic roadmaps, release dates, and overall project plans.
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE:
Introduction and setup – Set up Jira Premium and understand the different versions of Roadmaps available.
Sample Plan – Set up a project with sample data, create a plan for it and get our first look at the Advanced Roadmaps interface. This section will also take our first high-level look at the functionality
Main Project Plan – We will use a made-up product and create the development plan for it. We will revisit the functionality we already saw in the first section and get more practice with it.
Who this course is for:
- Product Managers, Project Managers, Development Managers, Team Leads, Executives - anyone looking for a project planning tool for JIRA
- Any team member looking to step up, show some initiative and recommend Advanced Roadmaps to their leads
- Anyone looking to evaluate Advanced Roadmaps as a project planning tool
I have been a Product Manager at a startup for several years. With that, I've become passionate about tools that improve the work space and help startups, or any company for that matter move faster. It only made sense to share my experience, successes, even failures and general knowledge that I've gained cause I know that sharing and teaching only results in even more learning. So here's to productivity and learning.