Agile Project Management: Agile, Scrum, Kanban & XP
What you'll learn
- Understanding the need for Change in traditional software development process
- What is Agile
- Understanding Agile Principles
- What Agile is not
- Waterfall vs Agile
- Understanding & Creating User Stories, Theme & Epic
- What is Product Backlog
- Difference between Product Backlog & Product Roadmap
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Agile
- How Estimation is done in Agile
- Why Relative Estimation in Agile
- T-Shirt & Fibonacci Estimation
- Planing Poker in Agile
- Understanding & Creating Burn down Charts
- Minimum Viable Product
- Team Velocity
- Scrum Theory and Pillars
- Scrum Events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Retrospective and Sprint Review
- Scrum Roles: Product Owner, Scrum Master & Development Team
- Scrum Artifacts: Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog & Increment
- Definition of Done
- Introduction to Agile Kanban
- Kanban Principles
- How Kanban is different from Scrum & Extreme Programming?
- Finding various inefficiencies in your process using Kanban board
- Definition of done in Kanban
- Daily Standup in Kanban
- Specifying rules in Kanban
- Introduction to Extreme Programming
- Values in Extreme Programming
- XP Practices
- No prerequisites or prior experience required
Welcome to the Course on Agile Project Management!
Software industry is going crazy on agile methods. It is rapidly becoming the choice for software development where requirements are unpredictable or is expected to change over time. This course will help you explore how working on an Agile project has benefits for your development team, your end users, and your organization as a whole.
Here is a list of the topics we will cover in this course:
Understanding the need for Change in traditional software development process
What is Agile
Understanding Agile Principles
What Agile is not
Waterfall vs Agile
Understanding & Creating User Stories, Theme & Epic
What is Product Backlog
Difference between Product Backlog & Product Roadmap
Advantages & Disadvantages of Agile
How Estimation is done in Agile
Why Relative Estimation in Agile
T-Shirt & Fibonacci Estimation
Planing Poker in Agile
Understanding & Creating Burn down Charts
Minimum Viable Product
Introduction to Scrum
Scrum Theory and Pillars
Definition of Done
Introduction to Kanban
How Kanban is different from Scrum & Extreme Programming?
Finding various inefficiencies in your process using Kanban board
Definition of done in Kanban
Daily Standup in Kanban
Specifying rules in Kanban
Introduction to Extreme Programming
Values in Extreme Programming
This course is ideal for software developers, project managers, software leadership, or anyone that would have an interest and gain benefit from running an Agile project and delivering maximum value early to your customers.
You will thoroughly understand & enjoy this course through practical examples, practice exercise, quizzes & fun facts which are part of this course.
After completing this course, you will be able to :
1) Demonstrate the ability to participate effectively in agile practices/process for software development.
2) Explain the purpose behind common agile practices.
3) Apply agile principles and values to a given situation.
4) Identify and address most common problems encountered in adopting Agile methods.
5) Implement Scrum, Kanban & Extreme Programming
I hope that you will enjoy the course, be challenged by it and learn a lot. The primary objective is to build a strong foundational knowledge of the principles of agile.
It is suggested that you go through the course at a pace that makes sense for you. The topics build on each other, so it is better to slow down and really learn something than to just move on in order to keep up a certain pace.
So, I have the tools needed to get the job done. So, let’s do it, I’ll see you in class. All the best!
Course enrollment grants you lifetime access, with no expiration, to all the course lectures. In addition, you’ll also receive 1-on-1 support for any questions or uncertainties that come up. And this all comes with a money-back guarantee. You have nothing to lose and so much knowledge to gain.
Just ask the students who’ve already taken this course:
★★★★"I received another Agile certification before taking this course, but I feel like it was a more authentic deep dive into the frameworks of Agile"
★★★★ "This course is a must do for anyone who wants to understand Agile quickly. It provides very good explanation of concepts with right set of examples and analogies making the learning fun and easy to remember. I highly recommend this course."
★★★★★ "Great explanation and illustrations. Simply Perfect and Crisp!"
- Sagar Kavitake
★★★★★ "I'm really impressed with this instructor's knowledge and clarity. She structured the course extremely well, explanations are crystal clear, and she moves at an impressive (but by no means overwhelming) pace. Excellent"
★★★★★ "I really loved this course. Simple explanations with apt examples. Kudos to the instructor."
- Sophia Winglet
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has a passing familiarity with Project Management
- Anyone who is a Project Manager, a member of a project team, or a stakeholder on a Project
- Someone who doesn’t have an experience with formal project management approaches but is looking for one now
- Anyone who has just heard the term Agile and want to know more
GenMan Solutions, founded by Monika Rawat, is a management & technology based Education Company which aims at providing in-demand and essential business-related courses for students & professionals, enabling them to accelerate their career, transform into a leadership role and internalize managerial thinking.
Monika has over 4 years of experience in financial industry. She has worked with American Express as a Product Manager with interest in Product Management and Business Strategy. She holds Software Engineering and MBA degree.