Master Agile Estimation: Top Techniques for Scrum & Kanban
What you'll learn
- Discover how to set up an estimation process that suits your environment
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the most popular estimation techniques used by modern agile teams
- Identify and troubleshoot common estimation problems
- Recognise when to re-estimate & when not to
- Gain skills you can apply immediately - 10 practical exercises included
- The course will assume basic knowledge of Agile Scrum & Kanban theory including values, roles, events & artifacts.
The conflict around estimates
Do you have a love-hate relationship with estimates? Businesses demand them but agile teams see them as something stakeholders use against them. In a complex agile project, an estimate can feel like a binding commitment and a stranglehold. In this course, you will learn how to create agile estimates that work for both your team and your stakeholders.
What you’ll get from this course
I created this course and packed it with practical, real-world experiences that I’ve gained working with Agile teams around the world.
This is primarily a “learn by doing” course. So all theory is paired with practical exercises we’ll complete together in your workbook.
With this course, you’ll...
Discover how to set up an estimation process that suits your environment
Gain in-depth knowledge of the most popular estimation techniques used by modern agile teams
Be able to identify and troubleshoot common estimation problems
Recognize when to re-estimate & when not to
Gain skills you can apply immediately via “9 practical exercises”
The practical exercises you’ll complete include…
Estimating the height of dogs using “dog points” (relative estimation)
Performing velocity calculations
Estimating using a reference point
Running a pointing poker session
Which estimation technique to use for various scenarios
Why learn agile estimation?
Agile estimation is difficult. Most teams struggle with it. When the estimation process is broken, estimates feel impossible to achieve, or overinflated. Stakeholder relationships begin to deteriorate. And management starts to push back on estimates, thinking teams can complete more and more, and are disappointed when unrealistic goals are not met. In defense, teams begin to spend too much time in planning, at the cost of building.
But how do you fix this? In a field where so many teams follow counter-productive practices, copying others won’t work.
This course will help set your team on the right path by showing you how to establish estimation best practices and troubleshoot existing issues
So Let’s Do This! Enroll now and sharpen your Estimation skills.
I’ll see you inside!
Who this course is for:
- A member of a newly formed Agile team (Product Owner, Dev or Scrum Master).
- A member of an existing Agile team looking to level up on estimation techniques, tools & troubleshooting (Product Owner, Dev or Scrum Master).
- Recently Scrum certified and seeking practical skills on developing estimates that teams are comfortable with and management can rely on.
My name is Raj Elakkara and I am super-psyched that you are reading this! Professionally, I'm a Entrepreneur/Product Manager with over ten years of experience in healthcare informatics, supply chain & geographic information systems.
I've had the privilege of working for large fortune 500 companies in the US and Australia, including FedEx and General Electric. I've also founded 3 startups.
I leverage data to drive business strategy, revamp customer experience and streamline operational processes. From my courses you will straight away notice how I combine my real-life experience and academic background to deliver professional step-by-step coaching.
To sum up, I am absolutely and utterly passionate about all things related to Product Management and Data Science and I am looking forward to sharing my passion and knowledge with you!