FREE After Effects Basics -2D Flat Shadows in After Effects
- Have After Effects CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC or CC2015 installed (you can use a 30-day free trial)
- Basic understanding of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) is welcome, but not mandatory
Learn 3 different techniques to create 2D long flat shadows and add them to your motion graphic compositions. We will take a look and create those popular long shadows which are very popular amongst the designers creating on the current flat design trend. You don't even need to have a project to work on - I have created a few sample animations which you can work on by downloading the attached project file.
The shadows will be dynamic, which means they will react to any movement that will be going on in your composition. I will show you how to save them as a preset for future use, how to link the shadow itself to a null object and much more handy quick tips like that.
A few benefits of this class:
- Get started with After Effects the right way, learn essential tools & a proper workflow
- I will touch on topics like precomposing, growing bounds, effects, simple expressions and more
- We will use the repeater, work on shape layers, create shapes, duplicate layers etc.
- We will be using only build-in effects
- You will learn 3 different techniques to use
- We will save animation presets for future use
- Modernize your compositions - use it for any project
- Learn to have fun inside of After Effects with a new technique
...What are you waiting for? Enroll now and let us start applying modern flat shadows to our animations!
Who this course is for:
- People who are interested in learning After Effects
- YouTubers, Graphic Designers, Freelancers, Videographers, motion artists
- Students who want to learn how to create trendy looking graphics in animated compositions
- 02:20Introduction to the course content
- 03:28Your assignment & How to finish the class project
- 09:10After Effects Basics (if you are new to the software)
Hi! My name is Andrzej Pach, also known as Nigel, and I spend my daily time with graphic design, presentations, motion & animation, typography, video editing and online teaching. Most of my work is done in Adobe After Effects & Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 / 2019, so naturally, this is the software I want to teach about and share my experience with you. I have completed more than 4000 graphic projects for clients, mostly including video animations like intros, outros and transitions for various YouTube channels & marketers. On Fiverr alone, I have more than 3500 reviews. I would like to share with you the knowledge that I was able to "stack up" during the process. I am always willing to help people out by enhancing their brand and Internet media projects.
Who am I ?
I am a 30-year-old (born 1989) University Graduate (July 2014). A few years back, after shifting from one hobby to another and getting hired to prepare a website, flyer, and business card for a local business in my area, I finally "felt it." Since then (2011), I have expanded my skills in this area by completing various graphic design and design-related projects. Places like the Warrior Forum, freelancing websites, ad graphic contests across the web caught my interest and have never let me go.
What is the next step?
I spent several years of experience as a freelancer with a keen focus on handling various creative projects ranging from very small business to brands and YouTube channels with over 500k subscribers. Now I’m looking forward to sharing my knowledge by creating exciting courses that are easy to follow - and most important - USEFUL to you. I am looking to work with forward-thinking people who seek to create something original and catchy that will reinforce their brand and follow their vibe. I’m always committed to providing value while giving away random tips to make your workflow easier, no matter what we work on.
What is my mission and passion?
I believe in making the Web Business and Internet Marketing world a better place, because my actions will affect my followers, friends, family and future children. Since I live in a small village where people work in agriculture or do physical labor work, I set the goal for me to be a sort of pioneer in the web-based business field, growing myself as a designer every single day.
You can always contact me, as I don't mind talking to anyone about how I might help your business or about what course topics I might record if you like my teaching style.
To your success, Andrzej