Aerial Yoga for Intermediate | Full Module 3
What you'll learn
- Learning to play with our practice on the swing with all that we know so far.
- Standing upside down on the swing.
- Being honest and open to ourselves.
- Being present during suspension.
- Rewarding ourselves by allowing rest.
- Have your own aerial yoga swing or you can order one through me.
- Agree to be ultimately responsible for your own health and safety.
- Aerial yoga is safe, but like with any sport you have to take the right precautions. Please take live classes with a teacher who can modify your practice if any of the following conditions apply to you: High blood pressure, heart related problems, eye issues (seen floaters in eye), neck problems, epilepsy, previous stroke or sinus problems. At any stage of pregnancy yoga should be practiced in a specifically designed, prenatal yoga classes or privately with a qualified pregnancy yoga teacher. During menstruation, inversions should preferably be avoided or should at least not be held for a long amount of time. At the end of the day, this comes down to personal choice. If you are unsure whether it is appropriate for you, email us AND ask your doctor.
Whether you’ve arrived here after taking Module 2 with Pilu, or are taking this as a standalone course, a Big Welcome to you! This module is all about freeing your inner child. We will be focusing on being honest with who we are, being open and present.
After an introduction to the module by Pilu, we will learn to play with everything we already know about aerial yoga. We will learn more transitions, all the while being as playful and open as possible.
The bases of this module are:
Being present in the flow
Accepting our own development
This course, 'Aerial Yoga | Module 3' is a complete course in itself, as well as being one of four components that make up Pilu's full Aerial Yoga Course (see bottom of page for further details) that teaches you to fly, all on your very own.
Class 1 – Let’s play!
Starting from the child’s pose we embark on a fun and dynamic practice! We will use everything that we’ve learnt so far to move around the belt in a fun and playful way.
Class 2 – Stand upside down
We are going to work on standing on our hands and practicing good balance. Unlike a full handstand, the belt supports some of our weight making this pose possible for All.
Class 3 – Open heart
This is a class to open up to ourselves, to be honest and to embrace who we are. All whilst being free of any judgment of ourselves. A new challenging transition will be introduced at the end of this class.
Class 4 – Rise up
It’s recommended to go through the Reverse Jump Tutorial before beginning this class as we will use this challenging transition in today’s class. We are here to discover and try new things; accept your process exactly as it is and see what your body has to offer to you today.
Class 5 – Suspension
This class is all about staying in the present moment during the flow of the practice. Beginning with child’s pose, we work our way up the belt, mindfully and with intention.
Class 6 – Let’s give ourselves some love
As a lovely reward for all the hard work you have been doing so far, this is a beautiful passive practice. Using the belt to do some wonderful stretching, you’re bound to feel brand new after this class. Surrender and allow yourself to enjoy all the openings and well deserved rest in this practice.
If you enjoyed flying with Pilu, then why not continue? By moving on to 'Module 4 – Ready to Fly’, you will have completed the entire ‘Learn to Fly’ course and will be able to spread your wings all on your very own!
Module 1: Self-exploration
Module 2: Building confidence
Module 3: Free the inner child
Module 4: Ready to fly!
*Plus!* Bonus tutorials and relaxation Savasana
Each module is designed to last one week, but you also have the flexibility to go at your own pace.
Sign up with Pilu and she will continue to guide you through days of fun, exploration, movement, self-love, joy, and acceptance.
Who this course is for:
- Aimed at people who want to reconnect with their inner child, lower anxiety levels and create inner space.
Pilu from Argentina, has been based in Indonesia for the last 7 years and has vast experience in aerial practice.
With years of experience in yoga, aerial silk, trapeze and climbing, it was only natural that Pilu found aerial yoga and used all of her knowledge to blossom in this field. Aerial yoga provides a unique tool through which Pilu's students benefit from her in-depth knowledge that she has gathered and built upon. Pilu is skilled in deeply understanding the movement of the body and she uses aerial yoga to help students relieve back discomforts and other body and mind ailments. Pilu's students benefit greatly from her in-depth understanding of this unique practice.
She has been practicing yoga since 2013. After completing her first 200hs in Ashtanga Mysore she jumped into the Fly High Yoga Teacher Training in 2017. That was the start of her yoga studies and she continued on, completing Yin YTT, Vinyasa YTT, Anatomy Yoga Studies, Meditation, etc; with some amazing teachers like Briohny Smith and Jason Crandell.
Her classes are focused on alignment and fun transitioning. She believes the swing is a valuable tool to work on lengthening the spine and especially to help with certain types of back discomfort.