Aerial Yoga for beginners | Full Module 1
What you'll learn
- Learning, fun and safety are the bases of this module.
- Sequences for self-exploration to discover how your body moves with the swing.
- Step-by-step, backward entry into the upside down, Supta Baddha Konasana.
- Step-by-step, forward entry into the upside down.
- Step-by-step, forward entry into the Adho Mukha Svanasana variation.
- Ladder Flow to build strength and stamina.
- Flamingo pose to focus on the legs.
- Have your own aerial yoga swing or you can order one through me.
- Agree to be ultimately responsible for your own health and safety.
- Aerial yoga is safe, but like with any sport you have to take the right precautions. Please take live classes with a teacher who can modify your practice if any of the following conditions apply to you: High blood pressure, heart related problems, eye issues (seen floaters in eye), neck problems, epilepsy, previous stroke or sinus problems. At any stage of pregnancy yoga should be practiced in a specifically designed, prenatal yoga classes or privately with a qualified pregnancy yoga teacher. During menstruation, inversions should preferably be avoided or should at least not be held for a long amount of time. At the end of the day, this comes down to personal choice. If you are unsure whether it is appropriate for you, email us AND ask your doctor.
THIS IS WHERE WE BEGIN YOUR AERIAL YOGA JOURNEY & LEARN TO FLY!
We will get to know ourselves as well as the yoga swing and how to use it safely. Over this week-long module, you will start to build confidence on the swing and of course, enjoy yourself!
Aerial Yoga Week
You will learn new ways how to use the swing so that it provides support through your yoga flow, while also improving flexibility and range of motion. Yoga practice on the swing allows us to rediscover the joy of childlike playfulness, all while calming the mind and strengthening the body.
The bases of this module are:
Having fun and;
The classes in this week prepare you to safely move into the 'upside down' poses with confidence and strength. This course, 'Aerial Yoga for beginners - Full Module 1' is a complete course in itself, as well as being one of four components that make up Pilu's full Aerial Yoga Course (see bottom of page for further details) that teaches you to fly, all on your very own.
Day 1 - Greet Yourself
Here we welcome ourselves to the practice. Becoming still on the yoga mat and focusing on the breath. We will learn different positioning of the swing to get the very best out of each pose.
Day 2 - Supta baddha konasana
Another name for this pose is 'the butterfly'. It is wonderful for improving blood circulation and stimulates the heart, as well as benefitting the pelvic region and inner thighs. This lovely stretch helps with any type of mild depression, anxieties and tensions. We will do this pose using the belt and it will be your first upside down pose, backward entry. You can take all the time you need to get familiar with the feeling on the belt and how your body moves with it.
Day 3 - Forward Entry
This class we will perform an upside down pose, this time using a forward entry to the belt.
Day 4 - Adho Mukha Svanasana Variation
This pose is a variation of the familiar 'downward dog'. We will use the swing to enter this position in various ways as well as preparing the core. The wondrous benefits of this pose include, strengthening the bones, working the back of the legs, strengthening the core and arms, stretching your back and improving your overall posture.
Day 5 - Ladder Flow
Here we will create a flow sequence, adding one pose per round. Ladder flows are wonderful for focusing the mind due to the repetition of poses. This both increases flexibility and builds endurance.
Day 6 - Flamingo Class
Why is this class named after a pink bird that spends a lot of time standing on one leg? Because we are going to be working one leg at a time! By putting all of our focus on each leg individually, this means that both legs will get our full attention.
If you enjoy your first week of flying with Pilu, then why not continue? By moving on to 'Module 2 - Building Confidence', you will be closer to being able to spread your yoga wings and fly all on your own!
Module 1: Self-exploration
Module 2: Building confidence
Module 3: Free the inner child
Module 4: Ready to fly!
*Plus!* Bonus tutorials and relaxation Savasana
Each module is designed to last one week, but you also have the flexibility to go at your own pace.
Sign up with Pilu and she will continue to guide you through days of fun, exploration, movement, self-love, joy, and acceptance.
Who this course is for:
- Aimed at people who want to reconnect with their inner child, lower anxiety levels and create inner space.
Pilu from Argentina, has been based in Indonesia for the last 7 years and has vast experience in aerial practice.
With years of experience in yoga, aerial silk, trapeze and climbing, it was only natural that Pilu found aerial yoga and used all of her knowledge to blossom in this field. Aerial yoga provides a unique tool through which Pilu's students benefit from her in-depth knowledge that she has gathered and built upon. Pilu is skilled in deeply understanding the movement of the body and she uses aerial yoga to help students relieve back discomforts and other body and mind ailments. Pilu's students benefit greatly from her in-depth understanding of this unique practice.
She has been practicing yoga since 2013. After completing her first 200hs in Ashtanga Mysore she jumped into the Fly High Yoga Teacher Training in 2017. That was the start of her yoga studies and she continued on, completing Yin YTT, Vinyasa YTT, Anatomy Yoga Studies, Meditation, etc; with some amazing teachers like Briohny Smith and Jason Crandell.
Her classes are focused on alignment and fun transitioning. She believes the swing is a valuable tool to work on lengthening the spine and especially to help with certain types of back discomfort.