Aerial Yoga for beginners-intermediate | Full Module 2
What you'll learn
- Build confidence in our yoga practice on the swing is our main focus.
- Create mindfulness throughout the practice.
- Increase strength and stamina.
- Introduce to passive practice to unblock energy channels.
- Be playful with the 'King Dancer' pose.
- Have your own aerial yoga swing or you can order one through me.
- Agree to be ultimately responsible for your own health and safety.
- Aerial yoga is safe, but like with any sport you have to take the right precautions. Please take live classes with a teacher who can modify your practice if any of the following conditions apply to you: High blood pressure, heart related problems, eye issues (seen floaters in eye), neck problems, epilepsy, previous stroke or sinus problems. At any stage of pregnancy yoga should be practiced in a specifically designed, prenatal yoga classes or privately with a qualified pregnancy yoga teacher. During menstruation, inversions should preferably be avoided or should at least not be held for a long amount of time. At the end of the day, this comes down to personal choice. If you are unsure whether it is appropriate for you, email us AND ask your doctor.
Whether you’ve arrived here after taking Module 1 with Pilu, or are taking this as a standalone course, a big Welcome to you! This module is all about building confidence using the yoga swing. We will be focusing on building strength and awakening the wellness of each subtle movement.
Previous experience in upside-down poses is required. If you don't have any, please start with Aerial Yoga for beginners | Full Module 1.
The bases of this module are:
Being mindful of our movements
The classes in this week prepare you to safely move into strong poses with confidence and awareness. This course, 'Aerial Yoga | Module 2 - Building Confidence' is a complete course in itself, as well as being one of four components that make up Pilu's full Aerial Yoga Course (see bottom of page for further details) that teaches you to fly, all on your very own.
Class 1 – Finding Balance
This will cover finding good balance on one leg and building strength using specially designed poses.
Class 2 – Ladder Flow
Using the strength learned in the previous class, we will build poses to create a ladder flow.
Class 3 – Be the Movement
This is going to be a great core workout and we will use strength to control where we are going. We will learn to be mindful, even of the smallest movements and how this awareness brings our mind and body together.
Class 4 – Funky Transition
Time to have some fun climbing on the swing and really be playful throughout our poses. This is also a great challenge of balance.
Class 5 – Let’s give ourselves some Love
After all the active Yang style practice this week, it’s time for some passive Yin style practice. We’re going to open and unblock our energy channels with some delicious stretching.
Class 6 – Natarajasana
Natarajasana means ‘King Dancer’. Here we will have the chance to play around a little and challenge ourselves. This pose is all about stability and staying rooted with strength.
If you enjoy this module of learning to fly with Pilu, then why not continue? By moving on to 'Module 3 – Free the inner child’, you will be closer to being able to spread your yoga wings and fly all on your own!
Module 1: Self-exploration
Module 2: Building confidence
Module 3: Free the inner child
Module 4: Ready to fly!
*Plus!* Bonus tutorials and relaxation Savasana
Each module is designed to last one week, but you also have the flexibility to go at your own pace.
Sign up with Pilu and she will continue to guide you through days of fun, exploration, movement, self-love, joy, and acceptance.
Who this course is for:
- Aimed at people who want to reconnect with their inner child, lower anxiety levels and create inner space.
- People who have never taken a course with Pilu before OR those who want to progress from Pilu's Module 1 of 'Learn to Fly!'
Pilu from Argentina, has been based in Indonesia for the last 7 years and has vast experience in aerial practice.
With years of experience in yoga, aerial silk, trapeze and climbing, it was only natural that Pilu found aerial yoga and used all of her knowledge to blossom in this field. Aerial yoga provides a unique tool through which Pilu's students benefit from her in-depth knowledge that she has gathered and built upon. Pilu is skilled in deeply understanding the movement of the body and she uses aerial yoga to help students relieve back discomforts and other body and mind ailments. Pilu's students benefit greatly from her in-depth understanding of this unique practice.
She has been practicing yoga since 2013. After completing her first 200hs in Ashtanga Mysore she jumped into the Fly High Yoga Teacher Training in 2017. That was the start of her yoga studies and she continued on, completing Yin YTT, Vinyasa YTT, Anatomy Yoga Studies, Meditation, etc; with some amazing teachers like Briohny Smith and Jason Crandell.
Her classes are focused on alignment and fun transitioning. She believes the swing is a valuable tool to work on lengthening the spine and especially to help with certain types of back discomfort.