Advice and Guidance on Choosing a Career in Fashion Design
- 38 mins on-demand video
- 11 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- A better understanding of the range of fashion career opportunities that are available in the field of fashion.
- Have a clearer insight into what type of career you might like to follow.
- Know what you can do to prepare yourself even before you have finished education at school.
- Complete a simple career goal plan to help you follow a path in your chosen fashion career options.
- Identify sources of support to help you fulfill your ambitions along the way.
- Prove to prospective employers or universities that you are committed to developing your skills and knowledge around fashion.
- Become more motivated and inspired to take fashion as your career choice and fulfill your dreams.
Get a head start in your fashion career. The perfect short course for students at all levels. This free, short, online course will give you guidance to start your career in fashion design. The essential tool for anyone starting out or planning a career in fashion design.
You are considering entering into the field of fashion. We focus primarily on fashion design but the course will help anyone who wants a better understanding of the fashion industry and tools to help prepare themselves.
You'll get to create your own career planner to guide you in the early steps in your career. You will create an action plan that will lead help lead you to a fulfilling and successful career.
Your course helps you to avoid making costly mistakes in your education and fashion career. We'll teach you how to check what your most suited to in your fashion career.
- Anyone that is interested in choosing a career in fashion design.
In this first module you'll get to meet you tutor and a chance to introduce yourself, but for now here are a few points about the layout of the course.
Cheryl will give you some great tips on how to make the most of the course by following it effectively. There are several things that you can do to improve your overall experience as a student. These will make it more enjoyable and fun to follow, help you join in fully and get the most from the experience Cheryl can offer you.
The fashion industry is huge. It’s estimated that the global apparel market is valued at 3 trillion dollars, that’s 3,000 billion and employs around 60 million people. So trying to distill how it all works into a single lesson is obviously impossible. But stick with me because I’m going to give you a really useful overview of what’s important for you to know.
In this lesson, you will learn about the four different fashion designer levels that you could work in. Each has its own unique characteristics and ways of doing business so that what a fashion designer does at one level may not carry over exactly to the same degree in the next level. Knowing about these four different levels will help you to decide upon where you will aim for.
There may come a point in the future when you decide that being a fashion designer isn’t the best route for you after all. But you may still want to work in the fashion sector. So in this lesson, you will learn about the various jobs you could work in apart from fashion design itself. We’re not going to cover every different type of role, just some of the key ones that you could consider.
In the last lesson, you learnt about the main responsibilities of a fashion designer. And we focused on the most common type of designer, that’s one who works in high street fashion. In this lesson, you’ll learn about the key skills that fashion designers need to be successful in their careers.