Advancing the Concept of Quality 4.0
What you'll learn
- Discover the advances that have created a fourth generation of quality management.
- Describe the current state of technological innovation that is shaping the structure of Quality 4.0
- Understand the technological pathway for development of a future quality career
- Understand the managerial pathway for developing as a future quality executive
- Understand the future direction of quality training, certification, and career development
- UDEMY Course - Defining the Future of Quality: Understanding Quality 4.0
This course continues development of the subject of digital quality systems from the prerequisite course and it provides more detail on the nature of appropriate digital technologies. Quality 4.0 features a "technology push" rather than a quality methodology "pull" which is different from past changes to quality methods. This course will develop:, insight into developing a technology career pathway in quality, insight into developing a managerial career pathway in quality, and understanding how career advancement opportunities will change for both training programs and certification programs. Finally, the topic of "macro-quality" applications - quality for humanity - is introduced.
This is our second course on Quality 4.0. While the first course described its history, identified the architecture of the technology system, and introduced the technologies that are shaping this transformation, this course will investigate more deeply how these technologies will operate and the way in which they will fundamentally change the careers of quality professionals in the future.
The course is structed into four modules:
•Module 1: Developments Advancing Quality 4.0
•Module 2: Mastering the Essential Technologies of Quality 4.0
•Module 3: Mastering the Managerial Methods of Quality 4.0
•Module 4: Organizational Challenges Implementing Quality 4.0
Join to the course to prepare yourself for the future, which is already here!
Who this course is for:
- Industrial engineering professionals
- Quality engineer, auditor, and manager professionals
- Business process analysts and managers
- People who are responsible for design and development of digital operating systems
Dr. Watson is an industrial engineer with executive experience in three Fortune 500 firms and long-term consulting experience with another five Fortune 500 companies. Additionally, he has consulted to over two dozen smaller companies and divisions of larger organizations. Dr. Watson is a global specialist in quality management at the executive level and author of seven books and over 600 other publications.
Dr. Watson was the course designer for the original Lean Six Sigma training by the American Society for Quality in 1999 and he was the first Master Black Belt designated in Europe by Dr. Mikel Harry. He has been awarded the highest honors from the American Society for Quality, the European Organization for Quality, the Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers, and the International Academy for Quality. Dr. Watson has been elected an Honorary Member of 20 national quality organizations
Responsible for production of courses by Dr. Gregory H. Watson.
Mr. Turtiainen is a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, who has been in the team developing a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Course for European Students of Industrial Engineering and Management. Currently the course, which has a blended learning model, is taught all around Europe on a voluntary basis.