Advanced VIM for Programmers in "Unix/Linux" Environment
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn how to use the "vi" editor on Unix / Linux Operating Systems and you will master all available commands, which will be very useful in editing flat files.
- You will learn how to configure the "vi" editor in advanced mode
- You can customize the editor to streamline the editing of your favorite programming language.
- Does not require prior knowledge in the "vi" text editor.
- Basic knowledge of "Unix / Linux" operating system.
- A computer with an unix / linux operating system installed or an access terminal to a unix / linux server.
- This is the english versión. Disponible el curso en español.
The "vim" text editor is a very practical tool, to know it well It can mean a great saving of time in the edition of files of text. It is commonly used in Linux and Unix environments, so it is important to know at least the basic management of the environment. If you already know something about the "vim" editor, in this course you will learn advanced editing techniques, use of buffers, blocks and custom editor settings to use with your favorite development language.
- People familiar with the unix / linux environment who wish to learn how to use the most popular editor for editing text files.
- People who develop software in linux operating systems and wish to expand their knowledge in the use of this editor.
- People who use the "vi" editor and want to know in depth the advanced configuration of the editor.
We will learn the basics of the "vi" editor, how to access, exit and create the base configuration file.
We will learn how to scroll through the file, in the paragraph or on the screen.