Advanced Databases and SQL Querying
- People should have worked with SQL server and know how to query using management studio.All videos are recorded in Windows OS. You can however follow this course on MAC/Linux, if you have a Win VM setup
- They should be able to setup their databases and environments.
- Must be comfortable writing TSQL code and must know basic syntax like SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE etc.
- If you are an absolute newbie, please watch my previous course titled "Introduction to Databases and Querying"
This course is an advanced TSQL Querying course. The course expects that student are already aware of basic database concepts and are comfortable writing basic TSQL queries like SELECT, JOINS etc. Students are expected to have taken my previous course (Introduction to databases and Querying). This course cover advanced concepts like Views, Triggers, Dynamic Queries etc. The TSQL Scripts for all demos are uploaded. The course about 2+hours and has assignments at the end of each concept.
If you looking for your next database job or trying to improving your existing database knowledge and apply in your projects, this is the course for you.
- This SQL course is meant for people who have some experience in writing TSQL code. If you are a newbie, I recommend watching my previous course titled "Introduction to databases and Querying". This course covers advanced topics like views, triggers, dynamic queries, pivots etc. If you are an absolute starter, this course is not for you.
- SQL Views - An Introduction05:43
- SQL Views - Deep Dive into Querying08:19
- SQL Triggers - An Introduction04:33
- SQL Triggers - Deep dive into Querying09:08
- SQL Computed Columns - An Introduction03:03
- SQL Computed Columns - Deep dive into Querying02:17
- SQL Stored Procedures - An Introduction09:27
- SQL Stored Procedures - Deep dive into Querying17:06
- SQL User Defined Functions - An Introduction04:33
- SQL User Defined Functions - Deep dive into Querying10:34
- SQL Transactions and Error Handling - An Introduction05:07
- SQL Transactions and Error Handling - An Introduction (Continued)05:17
- SQL Transactions and Error Handling - Deep Dive into Querying13:35
- SQL Grouping Sets and Common Table Expressions09:57
- SQL Ranking Functions - An Introduction04:09
- SQL Ranking Functions - Deep Dive into Querying05:50
- SQL XML Datatype - An Introduction05:51
- SQL XML Datatype - Deep Dive into Querying15:11
- SQL Partitions - An Introduction04:19
- SQL Partitions - Deep Dive into Querying11:56
I am a coder, manager, educator and a gamer. I love data and analytics. In my day job, I work with database technologies including SQL , Big Data and Tableau. I am passionate about technologies and love coding and managing teams. In my spare time I like to teach Big Data analytics, Databases, Programming etc. I am currently working on certain machine learning and Data Science projects and love to explore more in the Statistics field.