114 Essential Advanced Verbs (Business & TOEFL Exam Words)
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the essential advanced verbs that native English speakers actually use in college and business
- Learn how to use higher level English verbs to help you increase your TOEFL exam score
- Intermediate English
Welcome to my advanced English verbs course! Start learning practical English verbs that you can use immediately! Let's go!
Why advanced verbs?
Using advanced vocabulary is extremely important (imperative) if you want to get (receive) a high score on the TOEFL exam or excel in your job/academic program. But what vocabulary is important? Which English verbs do people actually use? And which verbs are the ones that you can use effectively to improve your English speaking and writing abilities?
In this course, I move beyond (transcend) the random vocabulary lists and provide you will a set of must-have (essential) verbs that you can begin using right away (immediately) in your practice exams.
As shown above, these online English lessons will show you how to begin looking for opportunities in your English speech and writing to use (integrate) advanced verbs.
Moreover, I will provide you with REAL definitions of words (not awkward dictionary definitions). This course will help you begin thinking about these verbs in the way that native speakers do: conceptually.
After taking this English course online, you will have more tools available to you. You can have confidence that you know a set of useful verbs that will elevate your speaking and writing in English, especially when preparing for the TOEFL exam, a test at university or a presentation at work.
Why only verbs?
In my experience as an instructor, students do best when focusing on one category of vocabulary at a time – especially students who are preparing for the TOEFL exam. By concentrating on essential verbs, you can passively learn the English grammar structures that you need to support you in putting the verbs in use.
Knowing essential English words is great, but if you don’t have the English grammar to create the sentences that you need to express your ideas then the vocabulary isn’t going to help you during the TOEFL exam or at work. This course gives you both without added work or effort.
- If you want to cram hundreds or thousands of verbs, then this course is NOT for you. This course focuses on practical advanced English verbs that you can use at school, at work, and in daily life.
- If you are looking for a ton of homework, quizzes, and exams, then this course is NOT for you. This course teaches by example.
- If you are still a beginning or early intermediate English Learner, then this course is NOT for you. This course focuses on upper intermediate to advanced English verbs.
Best wishes on your English journey!
- TOEFL prep students
- Business English students
- English Learners looking to break out of Intermediate English and into Advanced English
Along with the difference between the verbs APPRISE and APPRAISE, we'll take a look at EXACERBATE, MITIGATE, CONCEPTUALIZE, and BELABOR.
In addition to learning the difference between the various forms of REGARD, we'll explore the verbs HONE, ASPIRE, CONTRADICT, and FOSTER.
In addition to the confusing word REPROVE, we'll take a look at the verbs FORMULATE, DUPE, GOAD, and ASSUAGE.
Let's discuss two Shades of Meaning verbs: VEER and CAREEN. Also, we'll look at the verbs IMPLICATE, AVERT, WANE, and GRAPPLE.