Advanced Tableau for Business Intelligence & Data Analysis
What you'll learn
- Build professional-quality reports, dashboards and custom visuals with Tableau Desktop
- Master advanced tools like parameter actions, geospatial mapping, and predictive analytics
- Learn the same advanced techniques used by business intelligence analysts and data scientists
- Showcase your skills with unique course projects & assignments (with step-by-step solutions)
- Learn from a best-selling instructor, featured author, and award-winning Tableau developer
- We strongly recommend taking our Tableau for Beginners course before this one
- This course is compatible with both Tableau Public (free) or Tableau Desktop (paid)
- We'll walk through the download & installation process (you do NOT need to have Tableau already installed)
- Prior experience with analytics or BI platforms is helpful, but not required
If you’re ready to build expert-level data analysis and visualization skills with Tableau Desktop, you’ve come to the right place.
This course is a hands-on and project-based dive deep into several advanced Tableau topics, ranging from data relationships and calculations to predictive analytics and dynamic design techniques. As always, we’ll be applying these tools to real-world business intelligence use cases every step of the way.
You’ll be playing the role of a newly hired analyst for Maven Roasters, a bespoke, small batch coffee roasting company. Your mission? Use advanced analytics and visual design tools to take the company’s business intelligence reports to the next level.
We’ll kick things off by digging into relationships and the Tableau Desktop data model, exploring topics like logical vs. physical layers, contextual joins, smart aggregation, and performance optimization.
From there we’ll introduce a range of powerful visualization and design tools, including custom templates, dynamic formats, animations, parameter & set actions, and geospatial mapping.
Last but not least, we’ll cover advanced calculations like RegEx and custom LOD expressions, along with powerful predictive analytics tools like regression, forecasting, clustering, and more.
Logical & physical layers, contextual joins, smart aggregation, etc.
Custom templates, KPI shapes, dynamic formatting, filter menus, etc.
Parameter & Set Actions
Interactivity, relative dimensional analysis, animation, color scaling, etc.
Spatial functions, custom territories, hierarchies, background maps, etc.
RegEx, advanced table calcs, LOD functions, cohort analysis, etc.
Regression models, forecasting, clustering, R & Python integration, etc.
Throughout the course, you’ll come across unique opportunities to put your new Tableau skills to the test, like analyzing employee earnings for the Boston Police Department, building forecast models for the World Health Organization, and designing geospatial dashboards to help FEMA identify environmental risks.
Whether you’re an aspiring business intelligence analyst or data scientist, or just looking to take your Tableau skills to the next level, this is the course for you!
Join today and get immediate, lifetime access to the following:
11+ hours of high-quality video
Advanced Tableau Desktop ebook
Downloadable Tableau project files & solutions
Homework assignments & quizzes
Course Q&A forum
30-day money-back guarantee
See you in the course!
-Dustin (Featured Tableau Author & Lead Tableau Instructor, Maven Analytics)
Looking for the full business intelligence stack? Search for "Maven Analytics" to browse our full course library, including Excel, Power BI, MySQL, and Tableau courses!
See why Maven Analytics courses are among the TOP-RATED the BEST-SELLING analytics courses on Udemy:
"Some of the BEST courses I've ever taken. I've studied several programming languages, Excel, VBA and web dev, and Maven is among the very best I've seen!" Russ C.
"This is my fourth course from Maven Analytics and my fourth 5-star review, so I'm running out of things to say. I wish Maven was in my life earlier!" Tatsiana M.
"Excellent from start to finish. I picked up a bunch of techniques that will be useful in the workplace, from new chart templates to some very cool advanced visualizations. I loved all of it!" Robert C.
"Maven Analytics should become the new standard for all courses taught on Udemy!" Jonah M.
Who this course is for:
- Tableau Desktop users who want to develop expert-level skills
- BI or data science professionals looking to solve complex cases or advanced analyses
- Aspiring data professionals seeking to master one of the world's most popular BI tools
- Anyone looking to launch a career in analytics, data science or business intelligence
- Students who want a comprehensive, engaging, and highly interactive approach to training
Maven Analytics helps individuals and teams build expert-level analytics & business intelligence skills.
We've helped more than 1,000,000 students around the world build job-ready skills, master sought-after tools like Excel, SQL, Power BI, Tableau & Python, and build the foundation for a successful career in data.
At Maven Analytics, we empower everyday people to change the world with data.
Professional Data Visualization Consultant and Tableau Developer with 10+ years of experience leading analytics and BI projects. My public-facing work has made me a featured Tableau author and I currently co-lead the world's largest Tableau User Group. I'm also a dad of two little ones and make visualizations about their diapers and words in my spare time!