Advanced Storyboarding for Film & Animation
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll learn how to draw storyboards for a script, and how to visually tell a story in the clearest possible way
- You'll learn about story beats, how to break down a script and how to choose the right shots and camera angles
- You will learn what gesture drawing is and what it isn't; and how to draw dynamic characters
- You'll also learn about filmmaking techniques like editing. I'll show you when to cut, when not to cut; how to stage the action
- This course unpacks composition principles for film and animation, so you will learn how to best compose your shots
- If you are brand new to storyboarding, you can check out my first course, Learn to Storyboard for Film and Animation.
- You should have a foundational knowledge of drawing and know the different camera angles and shots
- The only other pre-requisite is an interest in film and visual narrative!
This course dives deep into the art of drawing storyboards professionally for film and animation.
Learn Story Boarding + Animation + Drawing in one course! Whether you want to lean 2d animation or filmmaking & gaming, or just how to draw characters.
I teach you how to draw dynamic character poses for animation, how to do Gesture Drawing and how to work with Character Model Sheets and Layouts. I also unpack advanced principles of drawing for animation such as: Composition, Staging for the Action; Framing your Shots and how to lead the audience's eyes to where you want them to look. In addition, you will also learn directing techniques like when to cut a scene, when not to cut, and how to build audience identification with the characters of your story. This course is also packed with practical exercises and 3 fun assignments so that you can start making work for your portfolio. By the end of the course, you'll be primed for professional success as a Storyboard Artist!
A storyboard artist calls the shots and visualises the script, the idea, or the concept. Your vision is what brings words on a page to life. This course covers skills that are the foundation for film making: a medium that is undeniably the most powerful storytelling art-form of our time. The role of the storyboard artist is one of the most creative and visionary elements of the production team.
Knowing drawing and animation techniques represents an incredibly marketable skill set in today's visually driven world.
Already a community of film makers, writers, artists, illustrators and idea-makers has grown exponentially around my first storyboarding course and I would love you to be a part of this group and share your work. Join me and over 500 story artists! We are here to support each other help you get your ideas onto paper, and even onto the big screen! See you in the course :)
- This course is for film makers, directors, writers, animation students, comic book artists
- If you have stories or ideas that you want to be able to express in a visual way, this course is for you!
- Storytellers, animators, sketchers, comic book artists
- Anyone who wants to learn and work with visual language