Go Pro as a Singer: Vocal Technique and Business Advice
What you'll learn
- Confidently progress your singing career with sound technique and business knowledge
- Create a unique, commercially viable sound
- Understand what a record deal is and how to find one
- Use recording studio vocal technique
- Use advanced live singing techniques including vocal fry, whistle register and aspirate and glottal onsets
- Know how to create an industry standard demo
- Create a press kit
- Create a social media presence
- Access organisations which can help you with your music career
- Book live gigs
- Get airplay for your music
- Learn to care for your vocal health
- Improve your knowledge of the basics of singing: breathing, range, pitching, projection, retraction (singing without constriction), navigating the break in passagio and vocal cool down
- Become competent in voice qualities (the sounds associated with different genres of music)
- You should be a competent singer and have performance experience
- You should have no known vocal health issues
- You should be really committed to progressing your music career
DO YOU WANT TO BE A SIGNED SINGER? HAVE YOU RECEIVED POSITIVE FEEDBACK ON YOUR SINGING AND NOW YOU WANT TO GO AS FAR AS YOU CAN GO?
I can help you get industry ready.
New: Course now includes free downloadable mp3 package of singing exercises plus a bonus video of artists I have worked with signed to Universal, Golden Gate and Out of the Woods.
This course is a bootcamp for vocalists. It includes advanced and challenging vocal technique taught In a safe way, based on my in depth study of vocal pedagogy and anatomy of voice as well as my expertise as an internationally performing singer and recording artist. You will work hard on this course and stretch your vocal abilities using practical, easy to understand exercises. You will also learn the business information you need to build a career as a professional singer.
Do you want to learn the most advanced technicalities of singing? Are you ready to record a demo and get live bookings as well as to find out how to navigate the music industry? Do you want to progress your singing career in an informed, professional way?
Singing has taken me all over the world. I am a professional singer, songwriter and recording artist. I've had the privilege of working with multi platinum artists and producers as well as teaching music at all levels for more than 13 years including teaching singing at the prestigious Queen's University of Belfast. Now I would like to work with you to help you achieve your singing potential.
My Press as a Singer:
'Eve has established herself as an artist of considerable sophistication.'
-The Musician Magazine, UK
'A woman armed with a powerful, beautiful voice"
- YouBloom HeadroomYouBloom, LA
Following on from my Singing for All Abilities: Find Your Unique Voice course (though it is not necessary to take the basic course as we go over the basics at the start of the course, including breathing, projection, anchoring, diction, range exercises, cool downs. pitching, posture and lightening/darkening sound), this course goes into some very advanced vocal techniques such as
singing in harmony
working with studio condenser mics
movement and vocalisation
an in depth look at voice qualities (the sounds associated with various genres of music)
retraction (singing without constriction)
bridging the break in the passagio (blending chest voice and head voice)
We then move on to look at building your artist persona and your brand by covering
stagecraft and performance
creating an artist persona
recording studio techniques
After that we look at the business side of professional singing:
your online presence
getting live bookings
sourcing the right musical material
recording a demo to showcase your work to the industry
At the end of this course, you will be ready to face the music industry.
As well as the 100 + videos of the course, you will get personal, supportive feedback from me on any mp3s or videos of your singing you send me.
I'm really looking forward to being part of your musical journey. Enroll now for the next incredible chapter of your singing career.
Who this course is for:
- Singers with performance experience who want to work in the music industry
- Singers who can't imagine not ending up as a professional vocalist
- People who want to learn advanced professional vocal techniques
Hi. I'm Eve Williams and It's my aim to help you go as far as you can go in music, business and English Literature. I'm an award winning singer and songwriter from Co. Down in Northern Ireland. I have written with and for stars of the Voice Norway and the X Factor UK and my music has been featured in documentaries and advertising. I'm a regular contributor to Songwriting magazine in the UK.
I hold a Master of Music in Songwriting from Bath Spa University as well as an Honours degree plus a Master's degree in English from the Queen's University of Belfast, Northern Ireland. In 2015 Nashville Songwriters Association International recognised me as One to Watch twice (April and June).
I'm also also a music educator and online coach, running an on site teaching practice and an online coaching/mentoring service . I have taught at Queen's University of Belfast (Russell International Excellence Group), further education colleges, music schools, community groups, music industry education bodies and privately and in doing so have worked with a very large range of groups and individuals so I'm always happy to engage with your questions and give feedback on your work.
If you have any questions about any of my courses, please feel free to get in touch.
'A great voice'
-John McGlynn, Anúna
'Eve has established herself as an artist of considerable sophistication, recognised for her powerful toplines and moving lyrics.'
-The Musician Journal, UK
'This is quality stuff '
'This is excellent folk music and comes highly recommended'