Advanced Selenium Automation
What you'll learn
- Utilize advanced programming techniques to drive Selenium
- Key principles of mature test automation and software quality
- Uploading files locally and remotely
- Debugging complex test failures
- Explore the USPs and values of cross-browser testing
- Handle specialized commands and interactions
- Using data providers for data-driven tests
- Generating advanced test reports with TestNG test listeners
- Previous knowledge of Selenium is required.
Selenium 3.0 heralds a significant change as it has been shipped after a gap of 5 years. It is only a drop-in replacement for WebDriver API users; however, it has removed the major Selenium core implementation. The Selenium WebDriver API is fully object-oriented compared with the deprecated Selenium RC. The WebDriver API provides multi-language support and runs tests on all the most popular browsers.
In this course, we focus on more advanced usage of the Selenium API to enable cross-browser testing, as well as simulating advanced user interactions with complex applications. Debugging rare test failures through advanced techniques and utilizing the specialized parts of each client library are covered as well.
About the Author
Dmitry Shyshkin is a lead QA automation engineer at FareCompare with 6 years' test automation experience using Selenium. He has worked in Waterfall and Agile environments, on desktop, web-based, and mobile projects.
He started his QA career without any QA/testing knowledge. He took online Software QA classes where he learned about different types of testing. In his second job, he learned about test automation for the first time; he liked it more than manual testing and thus decided to move into test automation.
Who this course is for:
- The target audience is software testers keen to automate the testing of web applications using Selenium at a high technical level.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.