Advanced Reinforcement Learning: policy gradient methods
What you'll learn
- Master some of the most advanced Reinforcement Learning algorithms.
- Learn how to create AIs that can act in a complex environment to achieve their goals.
- Create from scratch advanced Reinforcement Learning agents using Python's most popular tools (PyTorch Lightning, OpenAI gym, Optuna)
- Learn how to perform hyperparameter tuning (Choosing the best experimental conditions for our AI to learn)
- Fundamentally understand the learning process for each algorithm.
- Debug and extend the algorithms presented.
- Understand and implement new algorithms from research papers.
- Be comfortable programming in Python
- Completing our course "Reinforcement Learning beginner to master" or being familiar with the basics of Reinforcement Learning (or watching the leveling sections included in this course).
- Know basic statistics (mean, variance, normal distribution)
This is the most complete Reinforcement Learning course series on Udemy. In it, you will learn to implement some of the most powerful Deep Reinforcement Learning algorithms in Python using PyTorch and PyTorch lightning. You will implement from scratch adaptive algorithms that solve control tasks based on experience. You will learn to combine these techniques with Neural Networks and Deep Learning methods to create adaptive Artificial Intelligence agents capable of solving decision-making tasks.
This course will introduce you to the state of the art in Reinforcement Learning techniques. It will also prepare you for the next courses in this series, where we will explore other advanced methods that excel in other types of task.
The course is focused on developing practical skills. Therefore, after learning the most important concepts of each family of methods, we will implement one or more of their algorithms in jupyter notebooks, from scratch.
- Refresher: The Markov decision process (MDP).
- Refresher: Monte Carlo methods.
- Refresher: Temporal difference methods.
- Refresher: N-step bootstrapping.
- Refresher: Brief introduction to Neural Networks.
- Refresher: Policy gradient methods.
Advanced Reinforcement Learning:
- REINFORCE for continuous action spaces
- Advantage actor-critic (A2C)
- Trust region methods
- Proximal policy optimization (PPO)
- Generalized advantage estimation (GAE)
- Trust region policy optimization (TRPO)
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to get a job in Machine Learning.
- Data scientists/analysts and ML practitioners seeking to expand their breadth of knowledge.
- Robotics students and researchers.
- Engineering students and researchers.
Escape Velocity Labs offers courses in Artificial Intelligence and data science. The courses are designed to develop the student's practical skills and acquire the necessary knowledge to work in the field. The theory is taught in a simple but rigorous manner.
The company was founded in 2019 and in addition to creating online training courses it offers consulting services in the area of Machine Learning to companies.