Advanced Renewable Energy Financial Modeling
What you'll learn
- Build a fully integrated 3-statement project finance model for renewable energy investments
- Model sculpted debt financing structures and learn how to break common circularities with macros using VBA
- Learn diverse valuation approaches for renewable energy projects
- Model different PPA offtake structures with different hedging ratios
- Learn how to value projects from a developer's or investor's perspective
- Implement P50, P75, and P90 energy yields and dynamically adjust to any other P-value
- Understand contractual relations within a project finance deal
- Build an investment dashboard with dynamic charts and key industry KPIs which support investment decision-making
- General knowlegde of MS Excel and basic financial modeling experience is recommended
- No previous VBA knowledge is required, you will learn what you need during the course
- General finance knowlegde is recommended
Are you working in finance, or do you want to start your career in the infrastructure investments sector?
Kickstart your career and learn how to build a project finance model with the highest industry standards.
Advanced financial modeling for renewable energy investments
This 15-hour online course will guide you through building a fully integrated project finance model step-by-step from scratch in Microsoft Excel - with particular attention to renewable energy requirements and market best practices.
Renewable energy project case study
Learn how it's done in the real market. This 100% online video course is based on a real-world case study. A typical information memorandum (IM) offers all information needed to build a project finance model. The course instructor will guide you through building the project finance model based on an IM which covers all essential information required to value any renewables project.
Already have modeling experience?
Great! You will certainly be able to enhance your knowledge by taking this course. This course is made for professionals within the renewable energy sector or those pursuing to enter the industry and wishing to get up to speed when it comes to financial modeling for renewables investments.
Did you ever wonder how to model energy-related investment specifics?
Learn how to model:
PPA offtake structures considering adjustable energetic hedging ratios
Macros which can break any circularity commonly observable within project finance models
Different investment scenarios using various sensitivities
Availabilities & degradation which change over specific periods
Seasonality of energy production
P50, P75, P90, or any other P-Value considering various production uncertainties
Different construction periods considering flexibly adjustable capital calls
Energy-related operational expenditures such as O&M, TMA, CMA, route to market, insurance, land lease, and other costs
Major Maintenance Reserve Account (MMRA)
Decommissioning Reserve Account (DRA)
Different tax structures easily adjustable for various jurisdictions
Interest barriers and tax-optimizing shareholder loan structures
Enroll now and learn how financial modeling is done in the real market at your own pace.
Who this course is for:
- Infrastructure Investors
- Project Developers
- Private Equity Investors
- Debt Financing Banks
- Investment Banks
- Asset Managers
Lukas has many years of experience in the renewables investment sector. In his career, he has worked on numerous large-scale renewables transactions within the European market, being in charge of financial modeling and valuation of the solar, wind, and other infrastructure assets. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Energy Management and is a CFA Exam Level III candidate.