Advanced Planning & Scheduling with Primavera P6 (11.5 PDUs)
What you'll learn
- Understand the basics of successful project planning & scheduling, and how to plan & design a project schedule
- Understand the basics of effective scope planning
- Understand some advanced concepts related to Calendars in Primavera P6
- Understand the basics of risk management in project planning & scheduling
- Understand the basics of project engineering & procurement management
- Understand how to develop smart activity IDs and names, identify and list activities in MS Excel, and how to import them in Primavera P6
- Understand how to break down the quantities and cost of items using a project ‘Bill of Quantities’
- Understand some important concepts related to resources, such as the concept of a crew, crew productivities, man-hours, and machine hours
- Understand and use different kinds of published data to estimate crew productivities and develop a resource database
- Understand how to estimate activity durations and activity resource requirements
- Learn to import cost, resources, and quantities from MS Excel to Primavera P6
- Learn how to manage schedule data using ‘Activity Codes’ & ‘Cost Accounts’
- Learn to develop an integrated network logic
- Learn to connect different phases of a project, such as enabling, engineering, procurement, execution, testing & commissioning, and closing
- Learn to interconnect multiple scope elements in a large schedule, and import relationships from MS Excel to Primavera P6
- Learn to carry out resource optimization using resource leveling & resource smoothing
- Carry out formwork analysis in building construction projects
- Understand the concepts of critical path, longest path, multiple float paths, and float ownership
- Carry out ‘Project Schedule Assessment’ using DCMA’s guidelines and learn to use different tools for schedule assessment
- Develop ‘Schedule Review Checklist’
- Address ‘Resource Overallocation’
- Develop ‘Cumulative Resource Requirements’, ‘Individual Resource Requirements’, and ‘Stacked Histograms’
- Develop project cost requirements. This includes ‘Monthly Cash Flow’, ‘Cost S-Curve’, ‘Early, & Late Cash Flow’, etc.
- Develop ‘Key Performance Indicator’ or ‘KPI Charts’ for key material resources
- Understand and develop other components of a ‘Planning Package’
- Basic understanding of Project Scheduling using Primavera P6 version 8 or above
Welcome to 'Advanced Project Planning and Scheduling with Primavera P6' online training course. This course is brought to you by CEM Solutions, who are providing construction engineering and management services worldwide for about 10 years. This course is an ultimate solution for the people who want to learn advanced planning & scheduling concepts, together with their implementation on Primavera P6.
This course is uniquely designed to meet the requirements of an advanced-level planning engineer. Emphasis has been given to understanding the core planning concepts, rather than just developing a schedule. A schedule with no planning sense, will not only cause trouble in project controlling, but it’s also a question mark on the integrity of the planning engineer. This course is particularly beneficial for the ‘Engineering & Construction’ industry, but others can also use the concepts to schedule their projects.
This course is based on extensive research, real-world challenges, the experience of industry experts, and exercises based on actual projects. We have also included an extensive practice of using Microsoft Excel together with Primavera P6. This will not only speed up the scheduling process but will also aid in the management and accuracy of schedule data. The course also includes many templates, samples, tools, and other useful resources, which will help you a lot in your projects.
This course is an ultimate solution for the people looking for an advanced level planning & scheduling course. Also, if you have an upcoming interview, use this course to learn the concepts quickly and effectively.
So what are you waiting for? Enroll now and start learning the concepts 'NOW'.
Who this course is for:
- Project Managers
Founded in 2012, CEM Solutions is providing construction engineering and project management solutions to medium to large scale projects and organizations all over the world. Beside this, we are very keen to provide trainings of these skills and introduce new skills to let you grow with us and make projects more successful.