Advanced Project Management (1/4): Project Initiation
What you'll learn
- Have a thorough understanding of Project Initiation
- Understand the current state of the project management industry
- Recognize the responsibilities of the project manager
- Learn key project management terms
- Understand project phases and project management knowledge domains
- Learn the key ingredients into the Project Charter
- Appreciate the concept of "project management triangle" and "project management pentagon"
- Understand how to measure project feasibility (domain of project portfolio management)
- Includes a review of several real Project Charter documents from various industries
- Earn 3 PDUs
- This course is an introduction to project management, no prior knowledge is required.
Advanced Project Management is a new four-part course series created to cover the entire domain of project management, including both practical and purely theoretical areas. The workshop will cover all aspects of introduction into project management as well as detail all the steps included into Project Initiation. Expect to see a lot of tricks, tips, “guerrilla warfare” tactics, exercises, case studies and fun historical examples. Completion of this course earns you 3 PDUs that may be applied to PMP certification/re-certification requirements. If you have any questions contact the instructor directly.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to achieve professional level understanding of project management.
An internationally acclaimed expert and speaker in the areas of project and portfolio management, scope definition, process improvement and corporate training. Jamal has done work for both private-sector companies and government organizations in Canada, US, Asia, Europe and Middle East. With more than 20 years of experience in management and troubled project recovery of large enterprise, IT and software development projects in banking, finance, retail, e-commerce, oil and gas, software and many other industries.