Advanced Java programming with JavaFx: Write an email client
- 7 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Master Java by coding
- See how a big programming project looks like
- Have a solid base about JavaFX
- Write a complex app, frontend and backend.
- Use advanced features of IDEs
- Export your code from your IDE to an executable app
Here we introduce the course and set guidelines on how to take it.
Here we will create a custom property that allows us do nicely display the messages size while keeping the sorting functionality.
- Knowledge of the Java programming language
- Familiar with an IDE
- Basic knowledge of HTML(desired, not required)
- Time and patience
Seeing a message printed on the console when you click a button can be rewarding, but at some point you need to go beyond the basics. Project based learning is the best approach to become a competent programmer.
Writing a calculator app is fun, but you know what is funnier? Getting a job as a programmer. You can't get there just by coding simple apps or watching presentations.
This course can be summed up as one big programming exercise. So if you want to feel more confident about your Java programming skills by building a unitary program, then this course is for you.
We'll be working with JavaFX and explore it's UI components, data bindings and concurrency solutions.
The course is divided in 9 parts, and uses a progressive approach to building software.
The best way to learn is by exercise, so this course focuses on using different java topics, rather than explaining them in detail.
All lectures are in 16:9 Full HD and contain all the source code.
When I was a beginner, I struggled myself to go beyond basic examples and even if I knew the theory, I needed guidance to put in practice. So if you are at this point, if you had acquired programming skills and now you want to master them, please take a look at the free lectures, and if you like them, I'll see you in class!
- Beginer Java programmers who aim to become intermediate programmers
- Programmers who want an introduction to JavaFX
- Java programmers who want to desing user interfaces
- Java programmers who want to be better prepared for a job interview