Advanced Options Concepts - Probability, Greeks, Simulation
What you'll learn
- Master the concept of probability as it applies to Options markets
- Understand the various subtleties of all four Option Greeks
- Put an "edge" into your trades in your favor with these advanced analysis techniques
- Know how your Options position will perform under all conditions BEFORE YOU PUT YOUR TRADE ON.
- Basic Options knowledge of Calls and Puts
- Basic knowledge of Option Greeks
This course covers three advanced Options concepts - Probability, Advanced Options Greeks analysis and Options Simulation
SECTION I - DEEP DIVE INTO PROBABILITY ANALYSIS
While Probability has been mentioned a few times in previous courses, we take a deep dive in this course. Having a finely tuned probabilistic mindset coupled with good analysis is an absolute must in financial markets. This course shows a few different ways of looking at Probability and how investors can create strategies to put Probability on their side.
SECTION II - DEEP DIVE INTO THE OPTION GREEKS
This course also takes a deep dive into the four Greeks - Delta, Gamma, Theta and Vega. We introduced these concepts in the previous module, but it is time to take their understanding to a new level. The Greeks are the path to putting your strategies on "Auto-pilot". We explain the subtleties of all the Greeks - very cool stuff, put your Math hat on...
What you will master
What is the importance of statistical price modeling in the stock markets
Why is Standard Deviation an important metric
What are the pluses and minuses of statistical modeling
How can we choose strategies using Probability as a signpost
Take your understanding of all the four Greeks to a new level
Master the subtleties of each of the Greeks
Look at option modeling from a mathematical standpoint
SECTION III - OPTIONS ANALYSIS AND SIMULATION
A good trade entry based upon Volume / Chart / Technical analysis sets you up for success from the get-go. But before you put a trade on, you need to perform Options analysis and simulation to understand how your position will behave under a diverse set of market conditions. Once you perform this Options analysis, you can immediately spot your weak points and you're prepared for them. Analysis and Simulation are as important as finding a good trade entry. In this course, we provide a complete roadmap to simulate every possible market condition BEFORE you put the trade on. This kind of analysis may take 30 minutes, but its well worth the time spent.
What you will master
How will your position behave for a + / - 5% move in your stock
Options analysis before you put your trade on
Options simulation to know where your profit zone is
What is the impact of Time decay on your position
What will Implied Volatility changes do to your position
Simulating the effects of two variables on your position
Simulating all three variables
Stress testing your trade
Who this course is for:
- People familiar with Options basics like Buying Call Options and Put Options
- Anyone with basic knowledge of Options spreads
- Anyone intending to optimize their credit spreads and other Options strategies
Knowledge. Strategy. Execution.
Hari Swaminathan is the founder of OptionTiger, a cutting-edge Options mentoring company, and a full-circle educator in all areas of Financial Markets, Hari has developed several proprietary Intellectual Property "methods and approaches" around enhancing base case Options strategies (which favor the Market Makers) and turns that deficit into a massive EDGE on the trader's side.
Hari has a Bachelors degree in Engineering from College of Engineering, Pune, India, and MBA's from Columbia University in NYC and London Business School in London UK.
Hari is self-taught in Options and actively trading these instruments for almost 10 years, mostly through trial and error. Trial and error in general, is an excellent method of learning, but applied in this context, trial and error CAN BE EXPENSIVE. My courseware focuses on this aspect mostly, so you can avoid losing money in the 1 to 2 years when you're learning.
THE OPTIONS GAME
More than ever, it has become important for normal people to take charge of their financial situation, and truly understand how financial markets, and the various asset classes, trading nuances really work. Investing in the financial markets is no longer a HANDS-OFF ACTIVITY. There's no point blaming financial advisors after the fact. Now, it's become crucial for everyone to do "their OWN homework", so you can decide for yourself whether something is good or risky. This is of course easier said than done.
My mission is to educate everyday people on the deep, strategic underpinnings of the stock markets, and exploit that knowledge with the use of OPTIONS. THERE IS NOTHING RANDOM about the markets. There are surprises all the time, but there's always a method behind every madness. And my goal is to get you to this point of understanding and awareness. That's when it starts to fit in.
Knowledge, Education, Crafting Breakthrough strategy, Technical analysis, Following Smart Money, Risk management, Disciplined Money management, and near flawless Execution approaches are just a few of the crucial points emphasized in all the Courses. Video-based education courseware, Practical workshops, several elite proprietary Advanced systems, Proprietary Algorithms and Customized Technical indicators, Live Trading programs are just a few things we offer. The goal is to provide a "full circle" education in the Markets, which is necessary before it starts "fitting in".
Let's break down the Options game in a realistic manner.
1. Options were invented out of thin air. And the people who invented them won Nobel Prizes for their invention. It is purely a "Mathematical" concept.
2. This gives rise to very complex but interesting analytical scenarios. It also gives us the ability to model Options with a set of tools like a car dashboard. This data is embedded in the mathematical formulas that underpin Options structure itself.
3. Because everything in Options is defined in mathematical terms, it's also important to realize that OPTIONS will always be the same. Forever. Unless they discover serious flaws in the formulas and models used by these Nobel winners.
4. Options and Chess have LARGE overlaps. You may agree that Chess is a game of "skill". It's a game of Strategy and depends upon how well you can plan (ahead) to attack, defend or take a neutral position. We also believe that Chess is strategy-focused and depends upon certain mathematical principles. Why or how do we know this - The reason we know it's a game of skill is : Try to play 100 chess games with Kasparov or Anand. Normal people are almost guaranteed a loss in all 100 games. So it has to be a game of skill. And why do we know its underlying features are mathematics based. The fact that a computer like Deep Blue beat the GrandMaster Garry Kasparov in 1997.
5. Lastly, You MUST believe this completely - Options, just like Chess, are a "skill set", and requires acquiring a deep set of analytical skills much more so than most skill sets in the world, and they can only be MASTERED over a period of time. But, there is a very powerful light at the end of this tunnel. You build a skill set for life. Age, Geographical location, Lifestyle, or Weather are no longer a barrier to creating consistent income streams, regardless of who you are, where you are, or how old you are.
This is very POWERFUL stuff.
Now let's look at the negatives. This is what most people will NOT tell you. Anyone that tells you Options are SIMPLE, and you can make extra ordinary income easily, is JUST NOT TRUE. I will tell you Options can be brutal if you simply apply speculative methodologies. And once you can develop a SYSTEMATIC approach to every situation (which is the Real Game), you'll be well on your way to consistent performance.
Options are easily the most fascinating financial instrument with several upside benefits, but also has an equally powerful set of negatives.
1. Options have a steep learning curve. Don't expect to become Kasparov in a couple of months. Market Makers who are 99% of the time, the counter party to all Options trades, are Options professionals, with 10 to 20 years of experience, in performing their "legal duty" of providing liquidity.
2. If you're interested in Options, try to NOT approach it with a mindset or requirement of making money. This is not only NOT going to happen, but it's a recipe for disaster. It's like a student of Medicine wanting to practice their skills after 2 months of study.
3) As someone that has self-learnt Options and through making mistakes from Trial and Error, I can tell you Options trading is not something you should take lightly. You will hear people talking of fantastic triple and quadruple digit returns. I'm here to be brutally honest with you -
- Be very very careful in the first 12 months of Options trading.
- This is when everyone is the most vulnerable to losing money.
- Your main objective during this time is to focus on learning this craft
Having said that, if you can get past the first 12 months and acquire the expertise in a systematic manner with systematic approaches to every situation, true financial independence awaits. But you have some serious but exciting work to do before you get there, and I'm here to help you in this journey.
And join me in my UDemy courses, where I share cutting-edge theoretical knowledge mixed with practical insights, strategy and impeccable execution approaches, through live trading examples. How do we know it's all this (don't just go by my word). Check what 50,000 students have to say in 8000 Reviews, with almost 90% of them being 5-Star or 4-Star
If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to message me on Udemy.
The order to follow on my Udemy courses
- Comprehensive guide to Financial Markets, Investing and Trading
- Options Trading Beginners Bundle (3-course Bundle)
- Technical analysis and Chart reading Bundle
- Advanced Options Concepts
- Options spreads and credit spreads Bundle
After this, the order does not matter. You can take any of the courses as per your interest. All the best.