Advanced Material-UI Component Styling: The Complete Course
What you'll learn
- Learn how to style ANY Material-UI component
- Understand when to use sx, styled API, or theme
- Explore how MUI components render as DOM elements
- Create advanced nested selectors using the default classes that render with MUI components
- Control the width and height of rows, cells, columns, and child components in the MUI Table, Data Grid, Grid, and more
- Customize the spacing (padding AND margin) for every component, especially the Grid, Stack, and Box
- Design perfect alignment with flex and flex properties
- Deeply understand every MUI form component, plus the Grid, Table, and Data Grid
- Build a Material-UI app from scratch
- Beginner level knowledge of React
- Windows or Mac computer
Welcome to Advanced Material-UI Component Styling: The Complete Course.
This course will give you expertise in styling MUI version 5 components. You will learn to ace some of the most difficult components, such as the Data Grid, Autocomplete, and Date Picker.
Together we will explore the DOM and discover the default class system MUI uses and how to use these classes to create advanced nested selectors. Critically, we will also learn the best use cases for the sx prop, the styled API, and the theme.
Here is a peek at some of the MUI knowledge and syntax expertise this course covers:
Using theme in the styled API
Using options in the styled API
Passing props to the styled API
SX nested selectors
Custom theme palette colors
Theme component overrides
Custom theme variants
Using nested selectors on the TextField to change border, hover, and focus style
Autocomplete getOptionLabel, renderInput, and renderOption
Select component styling, mult select, and custom option rendering
DatePicker renderInput, inputProps, popperProps
EVERY form subcomponent explained
Mobile Responsive in MUI - transitions, media queries, and more
One-dimensional layouts with the Stack component
Two-dimensional layouts with Grid
Everything flex - direction, justify content, align items, and more
Data Grid columns, components, and toolbar options
Styling the Data Grid with nested selectors
Custom MUI Tables
Using React hooks in an MUI project
You will have lifetime access to all course content, plus access to an active Q/A group.
This course comes with a 30-day money back guarantee by Udemy.
So take this course and never again fear any MUI component!
Who this course is for:
- React developers who have struggled to style a Material-UI component
- React developers who have struggled to understand MUI layouts, especially flex/justify content/align items
- React developers who want to deeply understand how MUI components render as DOM elements
- React developers who want to learn to build an MUI project from scratch and gain expertise in forms, tables, grids, and data grids
I also have a passion for education, and have taught coding bootcamps and at the community college level. Udemy is the perfect platform for software passion and knowledge to be shared.