Economics: Macroeconomics 101 for Managers and Executives
- Students do not need any formal training in economics to benefit from the course.
Learn how to interpret changing macroeconomic conditions and leverage macro-level frameworks in a course that's similar to the Macroeconomics for Managers course in MIT's Advanced Management Training Program.
Key Macroeconomic Issues for Managers and Executives
- Learn how to interpret and use the critical macroeconomic signals.
- Understand how to analyze comparative advantages and offshoring decisions.
- Learn how to manage risk and see opportunities in environmental limits.
- Find and use relevant economic data and make better decisions.
A Powerful Skill at Your Fingertips
As you transition to roles of increasing responsibility, being able to interpret and use macroeconomic data will make you a valuable asset to any managerial team. Knowing what data matters and where to find it will enable you to take public data, make it meaningful, and use it to inform decisions that will impact you and your organization.
Macroeconomics Made Accessible
Suitable for people with no formal training in economics, this course is fun to watch, offers hands-on tutorials, and includes interviews with two of the leading American economic journalists of our time—Mike “Mish" Shedlock and Charles Hugh Smith. Each learning module will equip you with a framework that you can use to contribute to big decisions and high-level conversations.
Starting with a deconstructed look at what GDP is and why it matters, the course introduces the key macroeconomic concepts that matter to managers. You'll learn about monetary policy. Government spending. Interest rates. Then, we'll look at what drives comparative advantages and offshoring decisions.
The course wraps up with a look at environmental limits. This framework will enable you to understand issues about sustainability, corporate responsibility, and ecological benefits through an economic lens. Finally, you have access to “over the shoulder" tutorials as we collect easy-to-find economic research and use the Eazl macroeconomic resource bank to find and download more nuanced sources of public data.
- New managers transitioning from a production-oriented role to a leadership role.
- Executives looking to build a macroeconomic framework for making decisions or to contextualize their economic training through business applications of the key macro concepts.
- This course applies macroeconomic concepts for business and would not be ideal for students looking to learn the more academic side of economics.
- Welcome to the Course01:51
- Access to the Private Facebook Group and Brain Boosts00:25
- How GDP Works and Why it Matters03:24
- Action Learning: Use Google Public Data to Compare GDP Trends00:14
- How Governments Manage their Economies02:37
- How Specialization and Trade Create Wealth03:16
- Labor Arbitrage and the Economics of Offshoring03:00
- Environmental Limits, Risk, and Innovation03:37
- The Key Macroeconomic Signals5 questions
- EazlView: Mish Shedlock on the Nature of Financial Crises07:51
- EazlView: Charles Hugh Smith on Cooperation in Economics09:05
- SideBYSide: The User-Friendly Public Data Resource07:02
- SideBYSide: Advanced Economic Data Sourcing05:55
- Access to Discount Codes and Eazl's VIP Support Team00:49
Davis Jones is the Chief Learning Officer for Eazl, a business school whose courseware is used by organizations like Tesla, Harvard, the World Bank, and Lyft and more than 250,000 students worldwide. Mr. Jones also participated in the Harvard University Graduate School of Education Leaders of Learning program in 2018.
Mr. Jones began his career in digital education following the publication of Career Hacking in 2014. Today, it is the best-selling career management course in the history of the Internet and is integrated into undergraduate and graduate-level programs at the University of San Francisco, EDHEC Business School, Sonoma State University, and other colleges and universities in the US and abroad. Following the publication of Career Hacking, Mr. Jones negotiated commissions for Eazl to produce courseware on digital marketing, digital customer service, and multiple other business topics. Today, this courseware is used by organizations in both the private (e.g. Tesla, PayPal) and public (e.g. the World Bank) sectors.
Mr. Jones earned undergraduate (economics) and graduate (MBA) degrees from traditional universities. He is also a committed lifelong learner. In addition to his participation in the Harvard Graduate School of Education Leaders of Learning program, Mr. Jones has earned credentials from New York Museum of Modern Art (Teaching with Themes), Udemy (Trademark Law), and independent learning organizations (Yes I’m a Designer / Adobe Illustrator).
Since launching in 2013, Eazl courseware has received 15k+ reviews and is trusted by teams at Tesla, Harvard, the World Bank, and many other leading organizations. Today, 150,000+ students use Eazl to build and prove their skills from anywhere, on any device, on their own schedule.
Eazl also offers you industry-leading digital student support. More than just Q&A, you can get high-quality feedback on projects that can be career game-changers for you--like your resume and completed course projects. For example, many students at the University of San Francisco and EDHEC Business School submit and receive feedback on their resumes from Eazl’s student support team before graduating. Our team is passionate about delivering you honest feedback to support your learning and enable you to put your best foot forward.
You can take advantage of three kinds of learning experiences with Eazl: Career Hacking, certificate courses, and Eazl’s BFE Program.
• Career Hacking is the best-selling career management course in the history of the Internet. It’s a great way to learn how the job market works, to refine your career strategy, and to build your resume and LinkedIn® profile. We also offer additional services to help you build a strong professional brand and navigate your job search.
• Eazl’s certificate courses enable you to develop a specific skill, get templates and tools related to the skill that you can alter for your own uses, and receive a customized certificate for completing the course. For example, Eazl’s Growth Hacking Masterclass is a certificate course with more than 35,000 alumni worldwide.
• In Eazl’s Business, Finance, and Economics Intensive (BFE) program, you’ll learn everything you need to know to be a capable, well-rounded businessperson. Through the BFE program, you pick among 5 specializations or complete all 5 to prove that you’re someone who deserves a seat at the leadership table.
You will not go into debt learning with Eazl. We are passionate about providing you with amazing courseware (you will never watch a PowerPoint presentation with Eazl), the best digital student support in the world, access to global experts, and a lot more at amazingly affordable prices.
Thanks for learning with Eazl!